big three push MPEG-4
- Apple's Fee Fight. Linecker, Anton // Macworld;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p19
Reports on the dispute between Apple Computer Inc. and MPEG LA over the royalty fee for Motion Picture Expert Group (MPEG-4) technology. Integration of MPEG-4 in the QuickTime 6 software of Apple; Royalty payment scheme proposed by MPEG LA.
- MPEG-4 licensing should be resolved this summer. Dalrymple, Jim // Macworld;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p029
Reports on the release of a preview version of QuickTime 6 that supports Moving Picture Expert Group (MPEG-4) by Apple Computer Inc. Problems with the licensing of MPEG LA; Complaints on the royalty of the file format; Features of the QuickTime 6.
- Philips, Sun Push MPEG-4. Iler, David // Multichannel News;04/02/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p33
Reports on Royal Philips Electronics NV and Sun Microsystems Inc.'s plans to collaborate on streaming-media products based on the MPEG-4 standard. Variety of applications for MPEG-4 products; Demonstration of MPEG-4 content streamed from a Sun Enterprise server.
- DVD today. Clark Jr, Stephen // EMedia Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
Reports developments related to the computer software industry in the United States as of March 2001. Introduction of the Power Mac G4 systems from Apple Computer Inc.; Emergence of the DVD strategy; Storage of MPEG-2 video in DVD Studio Pro using Apple's software encoder.
- A.M. report. // Telephony;9/23/96, Vol. 231 Issue 13, p10
Reports on Apple Computer Inc. and Sun Microsystems' long-term relationship to develop interoperability between their product lines.
- Apple, Sun, IBM close ranks against Wintel. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Oct96, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p45
Reports that Apple Computer and Sun Microsystems have announced a joint development agreement to integrate the companies' clients, servers, networking technologies, and multimedia tools. Terms of the agreement; Plans of the companies to offer an alternative to the Wintel platform.
- Apple of Sun's eye. Alsop, Stewart // Time International (South Pacific Edition);02/05/96, Issue 6, p46
Discusses the possible merger between Apple Computers and Sun Microsystems. Information on the amount which Sun is offering; Details on Apple when it was a major technology company; What contributed to Apple's lost of competitiveness; Background information on Apple. INSET: What does this mean...
- Apple, Sun still jockeying. Bowen, Ted Smalley; Cooper, Charles // PC Week;1/29/96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the delayed merger of Sun Microsystems Inc. and Apple Computer Inc. Rejection of Apple of share price proposal by Sun; Evaluation of company strengths and assets; Speculation regarding retained technologies upon merger.
- Sun, Apple said near agreement. // Electronic News;1/29/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2101, p4
Reports possible purchase bids from Sun Microsystems and others for Apple Computer. Waiting for the stock market to close before making a corporate announcement.