facing the Lobster syndrome
- 3G testing gets serious. Paakkolanvaara, Pertti // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p69
Focuses on the motivation in the deployment of the third generation (3G) networks. Use of high-capacity data services; Development of wireless application protocol; Technical challenges in wireless personal services.
- A revolution in our midst. Puetz, John // Satellite Communications;Mar2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the Internet technology and Internet Protocol. Forecast on the growth of Internet users from around the world by 2005; Views on the capacity of transoceanic routes and Internet traffic; Effect of the Internet on content distribution.
- Shepherding Wireless IP. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p28
Comments on factors that will affect the management of wireless communication Internet protocol (IP) in Canada. Application of lessons learned from fixed-line communication providers; Goal to achieve spectrum optimization; Internet protocol architecture challenges of wireless IP providers. ...
- Faster Internet Connections. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p16
Presents WipLL solution of Marconi Company for Internet access by Telecosmo in Mexico. Benefits of using the Internet protocol; Features of the wireless system; Provision of antennas for high-speed data service.
- Hot tech hoopla. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p51
No abstract available.
- Finger Pointing in Backhaul. Olson, Catherine Applefeld // Wireless Review;11/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p8
Focuses on backhauls which remains the primary cause of outages in wireless networks. Problem with backhauls; Companies that offer fault-management solutions which can obliterate, if not compensate for, trouble on the line; Description on backhaul complications in the Internet protocol-based...
- QoS Protection. Sangillo, Mike // Wireless Review;8/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p27
Focuses on quality of service (QoS) mechanisms in Internet Protocol (IP)-based wireless communications networks. Discussion on setting traffic priorities; Factors that need be considered in providing end-to-end QoS for wireless and terrestrial IP networks; Implementation of QoS; Challenges in...
- Ready or not, here comes WAP. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p46
Focuses on the emergence of wireless application protocol (WAP) handsets in the wireless communications industry of the United States as of February 2000. Comment from Yankee Group analyst Roberta Wiggins; View of providers of WAP as a stepping stone towards creating a mass market for wireless...
- Chase Manhattan to use Tantau platform. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p46
Focuses on Chase Manhattan Bank's plan to use Tantau Software Inc.'s Wireless Internet Platform in the company's wireless infrastructure in the United States.
- WAP users exceed Telesp expectations. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p50
Focuses on an increase in the number of Wireless Application Protocol subscribers in Brazil.