wireless' new high-end Luxury Toy
- Carriers prepare for HSDPA offerings. Poe, Robert // America's Network;3/1/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p12
This article analyzes the high-speed downlink packet access technology, which will be introduced in the U.S. The HSDPA is the answer of the global system for mobile communication in the cellular industry to the high-speed services of the code division multiple access operators. A comparison is...
- Sprint: Welcome To The Wild, Wonderful World Of High-Speed Data. Seybold, Andrew // Wireless Week;7/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p29
Discusses the entry of Sprint in the high-speed data industry. Significance of the arrival of Sprint in the high-speed data industry for wireless consumers and the wireless industry; Reactions of consumers on the use of an Evolution Data Only wireless device; Other wireless data contenders.
- Wireless Collaboration for ST and Nanotron. // Microwave Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p52
The article reports on the agreement between ST Microelectronics and Nanotron Technologies under which the two companies will combine to develop solutions for the Real Time Location Systems market. The solutions will offer robust communication, precision ranging and high accuracy positioning....
- Billing data in real time. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;08/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p40
Evaluates the need for real-time billing for the enhancement of services in wireless data communication. Benefits of the real-time billing strategy; Standards required in billing; Implementation of the IS-124 protocol in data transmission.
- If You Passed Notes in School You'll Love This Idea. Schrage, Michael // Fortune;5/1/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p340
Comments on how real-time devices can empower the executive through instant communications. Popularity of wireless instant-messaging; Short messaging system (SMS) offered by cell-phone operators.
- INDUSTRY EDGE. // Wireless Design & Development;May2006, Vol. 14 Issue 5, pS3
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry as of May 2006. Developments in the seventh-generation high-voltage radio frequency laterally diffused metal oxide semiconductor technology of Freescale Semiconductor; Utilization of wireless fidelity products in the real-time...
- AIRSAGE/VERIZON TO PROVIDE REAL-TIME TRAFFIC DATA. // RBOC Update;Aug2009, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p4
The article focuses on an agreement signed by U.S. wireless provider Verizon Wireless and wireless signaling data user AirSage. Under the agreement, AirSage will use non-identifying data from Verizon Wireless' network to help it provide real-time traffic information. It is noted that AirSage's...
- Verizon's Seidenberg: Wireless consolidation necessary for high-speed data to flourish. // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p13
Deals with the importance of wireless consolidation in the United States to enhance high speed data transmission, according to Ivan Seidenberg of Verizon Communications Incorporated. Message delivered before the Chamber of Commerce.
- A Real-Time CRM Software Capabilities Test. Goldenberg, Barton // CRM Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p18
The article discusses the criteria used to identify the winners of the ISM 2006 real-time customer relationship management (CRM) software awards. It includes the capability of a CRM application to connect to multiple databases simultaneously, its ease to configure business objects within the...