effectively billing for wireless data
- VERIZON WIRELESS OFFERS FLAT-RATE NATIONAL CALLING PLAN. // RBOC Update;Jan2001, p3
Reports on Verizon Wireless Inc.'s launching of flat-rate pricing options for its wireless communications services in Iowa. Areas covered by the program; Service features.
- To Chat Is to Save. // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p16
Reveals the results of a survey in the United States citing average costs for wireless communication users from September 1999 to September 2000. Advantages of frequent usage; Variations in plan rates; Comparison of bills in different states.
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;09/27/99, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p22
Presents statistics on the price per minute offered by wireless communication companies in major cities of the United States.
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p28
Looks at the per minute pricing of wireless communication services in major cities across the United States as of May 2000. Basic service plan comparisons; Actual use model.
- Carriers Load On Minutes To Lure Subscribers. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p19
Focuses on the decision of major wireless communication carriers in the U.S. to add minutes to their rate plans. Objective of adding minutes in their rate plans; Calculation for the cost per anytime minute offered by major carriers; Implication of the move to the wireless market.
- Furchtgott-Roth assails wireless for not protesting fees. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p10
Reports on United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth's criticism of the wireless industry for lack of action on an FCC item that could increase the amount of money wireless customers pay into a universal-service fund. Proposal of the Coalition for...
- New rate plans spur landline replacement. // RCR;01/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p20
Cites the third in a series of pricing studies conducted by the Yankee Group, which found all-inclusive rate plans signalling the beginning of landline replacement in the United States. Drops seen in wireless rates; Average monthly landline usage; Outlook for the displacement from wireline to...
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p24
Presents information on the price per minute of wireless communication services in major cities in the United States.
- Despite steep fluctuations worldwide, U.S. wireless prices remain stable. // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p35
Presents data on price changes for wireless telecommunication services around the world from the second quarter of 1999 to the second quarter of 2000.
- Wireless prices worldwide drop. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p28
Reports on the study conducted by the Yankee Group on worldwide trends in the prices of wireless data services.