Alliance Works To Advance Wireless Health Care
- Protecting Your Assets. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p17
Discusses the need for wireless communication companies to upgrade their existing billing systems to handle the complicated transactions and business models made possible by high-speed data networks. Challenges that cause many carriers to delay implementation or use stop gap measures instead of...
- Wires on the way out. // InfoWorld;5/15/95, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p54
Presents data about wireless data usage among 300 large companies. Predicted growth rate annually; Projected wireless data usage in the fourth-quarter of 1995.
- The Price Is Wrong. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p33
Discusses the issue of developing the right pricing models for portable or mobile wireless data services. One factor blamed for the high cost of wireless data services; Charging scheme being followed by operators launching packet data services in Europe; Suggestion to data service operators.
- To thine own 3G be true. Mentrup, Lois // Telephony;02/28/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 9, p44
Examines the progress toward testing and implementing third generation technology in North America. Communication systems associated with third generation technology; Narrowband alternatives in achieving high-speed data rates; Wireless operators which seek potential enhancements for the third...
- Which insurance plan is right for you? Gibbons, Steffanie // New Mexico Business Journal;Apr96, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p13
States that the New Mexico Health Insurance Alliance is a nonprofit public corporation which was created by the state legislation in 1994. Coverage available through Alliance is guaranteed; Denial of health care insurance coverage; Reason of denial; Availability of coverage; Number of...
- Growing Your Data Warehouse. Reeves, Betsy // Wireless Review;10/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p24
Focuses on data warehousing. Information on the services from some wireless carriers; Uses of data warehousing; Advice on building a data warehouse; Benefits from the system. INSETS: Plan ahead;Chartify your warehouse.
- Remote Control. Harter, Betsy // Wireless Review;01/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on the emergence of wireless remote access to corporate data. Security concerns aired on the implementation of the technology; Partners needed by carriers in order to offer remote access to corporate customers; Forecast on the applications of the technology. INSETS: Scout It...
- implementing mobile data in the enterprise. Reitz, Christopher // Wireless Week;4/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p30
Emphasizes the importance of maintaining a focus on the functionality and efficiency of the overall wireless data solution for enterprises. Factors to consider in identifying user requirements; Benefits of selecting a company that supplies deployment management; Variables that have to be...
- Adaptive subcarrier and bit allocation in OFDMA systems supporting heterogeneous services. Guanding Yu; Zhaoyang Zhang; Peiliang Qiu // Wireless Personal Communications;Dec2007, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1057
AbstractÂ Â Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) is an efficient multiple access method for the future wireless systems. This paper studies the adaptive subcarrier and bit allocation problem in OFDMA systems to support heterogeneous services. The goal of the considered...