Opportunities, Challenges In Health Care
- Future Prospects of Health Management Systems Using Cellular Phones. Kim, Hun-Sung; Hwang, Yunji; Lee, Jae-Ho; Oh, Hye Young; Kim, Yi-Jun; Kwon, Hyeon Yoon; Kang, Hyoseung; Kim, Hyunah; Park, Rae Woong; Kim, Ju Han // Telemedicine & e-Health;Jun2014, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p544
Background: Cellular phones enable communication between healthcare providers and patients for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases. However, few studies have examined the user-friendliness or effectiveness of cellular phone-based medical informatics (CPBMI) for healthcare. Materials...
- Keeping Up with a Fast-Moving Target--mHealth. PIERCE, NEIL // Frontiers of Health Services Management;Winter2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p28
The author discusses the rapid growth and potential of mobile health (mHealth) technology to improve healthcare delivery and the need for technology reconstruction to keep pace with the growth of mHealth. He explores the challenges confronting the transition of healthcare to mobile technology...
- Board Governance: Transformational Approaches Under Healthcare Reform. ZASTOCKI, DEBORAH K. // Frontiers of Health Services Management;Summer2015, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
Previous successes of healthcare organizations and effective governance practices in the pre-reform environment are not predictive of future success. Healthcare has been through numerous phases of growth and development using tried-and-true strategies. The challenge is that our toolbox does not...
- FCC, FDA partner in an effort to push wireless med tech. Jerome, Sara // Hill;7/27/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 88, p20
The article reports on the announcement by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding their partnership which is intended to promote wireless medical technology in 2010.
- Disruptive Destiny. Grayson, Mary // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Apr2011, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses the role that cellular telephones are playing in the administration of health care across the globe. In the article the author offers her opinions on the impact that cellular telephones are having in society and on the role that they are playing in medical care and can play...
- I've Got An App For That! Weinstock, Matthew // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Apr2011, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p25
The article reports on an increase which has been seen in the development of cellular telephone applications that offer patients information on medical conditions and their management. A discussion of the objectives and features of several of the applications, including The 5-Minute Clinical...
- Implementation of Mobile Health Tools. Steinhubl, Steven R.; Muse, Evan D.; Topol, Eric J. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/9/2014, Vol. 311 Issue 14, p1448
A response from the authors of the article "Can mobile health technologies transform health care?" in the December 11, 2013 issue is presented.
- Front Cover. // IT Professional;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, pc2
A call for papers on mobile and wireless health technologies is presented.
- EDITORIAL. Grazier, Kyle L. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p211
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Christina Beach Thielst on the effective management of implementing new technology, and another by Sara Horning Szabla on a framework for facilitating goal attainment in mergers, acquisitions, and other...