'Third Wave' Of Wireless Ushers In Data Challenges
- WHAT'S NEWS? // Telephony;2/10/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p23
Reports developments in the telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of February 2003. Fourth quarter loss of America Online; Partnership of Nokia with Sega to develop wireless games; Launch of a patron saint of the Internet.
- WIRELESS OS AND MIDDLEWARE REVENUES. // Telephony;11/17/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p26
Forecasts the revenue growth for telecommunication companies in the U.S. from 2002 to 2003. Revenue of wireless and middleware providers; Percentage changes.
- Light at the End of the Tunnel. O'Connell, Dan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p18
Reports the increased demand for wireline and wireless services in the U.S. Forecast on the service revenues; Reliance of businesses to telecommunication; Description of the telecommunications environment.
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;04/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p3
Presents an update on the wireless communication industry in the United States as of April 24, 2000. Status of Qualcomm's first quarter profit in 2000 and revenue in 1999; Information on Motorola's acquisition deal with Hyundai; Details on the sales generated by Phone.com in the first quarter...
- DATAMONITOR: BCE Inc. // BCE, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2011, p1
The article profiles BCE Inc., a Verdun, Quebec-based communication service company offering wireline voice and wireless communications services, internet access, data services and video services to residential, business and wholesale customers. The company owns a 44.1% interest in Bell Aliant,...
- Hungary's Matav expects penetration to peak at 75%. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the expected revenue growth of Matav's Hungarian mobile unit Westel Mobile Telecommunications Ltd. on its wireless services in 2003. Features of the streaming video services offered by Westel; Estimated number of subscribers of Westel in 2002; Efforts of MobiMak, Matav's other mobile...
- Distribution Channels Pose Problems For Carriers. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the problems posed by distribution channels to wireless carriers in the U.S. Reason for the loss incurred by Verizon Wireless; Remarks from Verizon chief executive officer Ivan Seidenberg; Highlights of the earnings reports.
- Nextel 2Q Earnings Shine On Market. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the increase in the second quarter revenue of Nextel Communications Inc. in 2002. Technique adopted by the carrier to boost average revenue per user; Number of additional customers listed by the wireless carrier; Significance of the increase in revenue to the telecommunications industry.
- Regionals provide 2Q spark. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/7/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
The article reports on the financial results posted by wireless carrier Alltel Corp. for the second-quarter of 2006. The company posted strong second-quarter results with plusses and minuses in all the right places. The industry's No. 5 carrier improved ARPU, substantially cut its overall and...