Broadband Credit Gaining Strength
- Parliament passes broadband legislation. // Flare (Pakistan);8/15/2011, p64
The article reports on the passage of the ultra-fast broadband (UFB) legislation by the parliament in New Zealand.
- Telcom talks expected to soon yield broad bill. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter;3/17/95, Vol. 336 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the status of negotiations for a broadbased telecommunications legislation in the United States. Features; Prospects for the introduction of a bill in the US Senate; Background on the discussions.
- Verizon lobbyist tells Congress to assert authority. Hart, Kim // Hill;3/25/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p10
The article reports on the claim of Tom Tauke, executive vice president of public affairs, policy, and communications of Verizon, that the U.S. Congress needs to take the lead in the modernization of broadband laws.
- THE NEXT LOBBYING LIGHTNING ROD. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;01/28/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on a national broadband policy that United States President George W. Bush is expected to issue to stimulate Internet deployment as of January 28, 2002. Sponsors of the broadband deregulation bill; Ways to encourage broadband carriers to build networks and increase equipment purchases.
- Sharing power over policy. Pearce, Alan // America's Network;7/15/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on issues affecting the telecommunications-information-entertainment industry in the United States (U.S.). Person who heads the U.S. Senate Communications Subcommittee; Details on the Foreign Government Investment Act of 2000; Information on a House bill designed to regulate the...
- URGENTCOMM.COM POLL. // Urgent Communications;Nov2011, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p7
The article presents statistics on the percentage of respondents believing in the enactment of the D Block reallocation broadband network funding legislation in the U.S.
- STATE BROADBAND PARITY BILLS TROUBLE CLECs. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;1/27/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the apprehensions of various telecommunication carriers on the broadband parity legislation in the U.S. Deregulation of broadband services capable of transmitting information; Integration of wire routing and transmission of Internet access; Provision of integrated access services to...
- Full-Time Telecommuting Doubles This Decade. // Business Communications Review;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the increase of the number of workers working full-time for broadband services in the U.S. Development of acceptable-use policies for broadband services; Need for enterprises to establish guidelines for telecommuters; Purpose of the broadband policies.
- Rockefeller bill on D-block spectrum deals blow to FCC. Jerome, Sara // Hill;7/23/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 87, p12
The article reports on the belief that U.S. Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller may have dealt a setback to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) when he announced his intention to introduce a bill on nationwide broadband network in 2010.