3GSM Has Cannes-Do Attitude
- Oh! We do like to be beside the seaside. // Euronet;Apr2001, Issue 10, p9
Discusses the outcome of the 2001 GSM World Congress held in February at Cote d'Azur, France. Conference theme; Attendance; Presentations.
- Roam around the world. M.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2000, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the promotion of inter-standard roaming at the 2000 GSM World Congress held in Cannes, France. Education of operators on the issues of general packet radio service; Creation of the GSM Global Roaming Forum; Plans for the development of global service requirement for third generation...
- Events Diary. // Intermedia (0309118X);Winter2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p7
A calendar of events related to mobile and telecommunications worldwide from January 7, 2009 to February 19, 2009 is presented which includes the NTCA National Telecommunications Cooperative Association in Austin, Texas, the PTC '09 Pacific Telecommunications Council Conference in Honolulu,...
- GSM reaches 66 million. Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;04/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p16
Presents highlights from the GSM World Congress in February 1998. Number of customers who were provided with GSM wireless services; AirNet Communications as the winner of the 1998 GSM World Award for Best Technical Innovation in the GSM Market; Venture capital.
- GSM inside. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;02/24/97, Vol. 232 Issue 8, p6
Highlights the 1997 GSM World Congress held in Cannes, France. Stephen Nachtsheim as keynote speaker; Challenges facing the GSM community; Internet and e-mail as major opportunities for GSM data; European Telecommunications Standards Institute's support for GSM data; Ericsson's introduction of...
- Toward world domination. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;02/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 7, PCS Edge p26
Reports on the growth of the 1997 GSM World Congress due to the proliferation of personal communications service systems (PCS) in United States and Canada. Establishment of partnerships on both domestic and international networks; Aim of GSM World Congress 1997 conference in Cannes, France;...
- GSM: On beyond voice. Titch, Steven // Telephony;02/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p64
Focuses on the highlights of the 1997 GSM World Congress. Launching of Intel's Internet appliances; MCI's effort in putting MMX technology in the creation and management of Web sites; Interest in GSM's protocol growth in part of Sun Microsystems and Intel panel; Issues on technicality involved...
- Cellular players get `dead-end' warning. Williamson, John // Telephony;2/26/96, Vol. 230 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the views of speakers at the 1996 GSM World Congress in Cannes, France in 1996. Focus of GSM networks; Views of Marc Porat, general manager and chief executive officer of General Magic.
- Mobile players unveil corporate GPRS applications at 3GSM World Congress. CW360.com // Computer Weekly;2/28/2002, p35
Reports the introduction of the software services, synchronization and messaging at the 3GSM World Congress. Presentation of modelled phones; Importance of phones in the daily activities; Impact of phones to the consumers.