ArrayComm Bursts Onto Scene
- ArrayComm nabs technology parent. // Telephony;6/10/96, Vol. 230 Issue 24, p23
Reports that ArrayComm has been awarded a patent for spatial division multiple access, the coverage-enhancing technology incorporated in the company's IntelliCel line of processor products.
- IntelliCell platform part of PHS system. // RCR;12/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p21
Annouces the incorporation of the IntelliCell Personal Handyphone System platform (PHS) by ArrayComm Incorporated into a generation of cell stations to serve Japan's PHS network. Who manufactured the PHS; How the system will be incorporated.
- ArrayComm trial aids voice quaility. // RCR;09/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p14
States that an in-house and European field trial tests to increase system capacity and voice quality in Global Systems for Mobile communications networks were successfully completed by ArrayComm Incorporated for its InteliCell technology. Information on the field trials that had been run;...
- ArrayComm gets license to test i-Burst in San Diego. Smith, Hilary // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p18
Reports that ArrayComm Inc.has been granted a spectrum license by the United States Federal Communications Commission to test its i-Burst wireless Internet system.
- ArrayComm opens D.C. office to lobby for TDD. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p53
Reports on the opening of an office of ArrayComm Inc. in Washington, D.C.
- ArrayComm demos seamless handoff via i-BURST. // RCR Wireless News;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the demonstration of the seamless Internet session hand-off between two base stations by ArrayComm Inc. using its i-BURST technology. Details of the demonstration; Information on the hand-off process.
- Portable broadband on trial. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the trial use of portable broadband i-Burst technology by ArrayComm Inc. in Sydney, New South Wales. Provision of spectrally efficient wide-area broadband signal; Alternative to fixed-line broadband; Application of software and traffic management algorithms.
- ArrayComm secures investment from Sony. Smith, Hilary // RCR;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p4
Reports that ArrayComm Inc. has secured 15 million dollars in funding to help accelerate the deployment of its i-Burst broadband technology. Amount invested by Sony Corp. of America in the company; Features and capabilities of i-Burst; Plans for a more widespread deployment of the technology in...
- Smart antennas go broadband. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/29/99, Vol. 237 Issue 22, p92
Reports the development of I-Burst, an Internet Protocol-based wireless technology by ArrayComm company. Comment from Martin Cooper, chairman and director of the company; Details on the requirements of addressing the market; Comparison of the product with other technology.