Kolodzy To Head Task Force
- Powell Expected To Appoint Spectrum 'Referee' Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the expectations for U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell to appoint Paul Kolodzy as director of an interagency task force on frequency management. Appointment of wireless veteran Steven Price; Order of job of the task force; Concerns raised on the plan.
- WTB chief candidate at odds with industry? Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p4
Discusses some concerns on the nomination of Paul Kolodzy as chief of the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Stance of Kolodzy against exclusive spectrum use; Speculations that Kolodzy would call for overlays and underlays of spectrum usage;...
- Spectrum's Thinking Cap. Carroll, Kelly // Wireless Review;4/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p32
Profiles Paul Kolodzy, senior spectrum policy adviser at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Responsibilities and challenges facing Kolodzy; Education and career; Discussion on his expectations from his role as senior adviser for spectrum policy.
- Full plate at FCC. C.S.S.; H.A.J. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 14, p15
Presents the agenda taken up during the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) meeting on April 5, 1995. Includes FCC Chairman Reed Hunt's failure to win support for his children's programming week proposal; FCC's proposal to eliminate rule requiring networks to file copies of its agreements...
- FCC readies blueprints for digital age. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/95, Vol. 125 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission legislation that would give television stations second channels along with the flexibility to use them for multicasting and other digital services. Shortening of the 15-year transition period from analog to digital TV; Opposition of broadcasters...
- Countdown. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/95, Vol. 125 Issue 26, p62
Editorial. Announces the deadlines for the processing of US Federal Communications Commission's backlog of radio and television sale applications. June 30, 1995 for petitions to deny and waivers; July 31 for appeals.
- Busy day. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 3, p144
Describes the working day of the commissioners at the US Federal Communications Commission following the snowfall that caused a backlog of pending license transfers and other applications.
- Rate rules `pretty much as advertised'. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/93, Vol. 123 Issue 19, p5
Reports on the confusion brought by the Federal Communications Commission's order on cable rates. Impact on cable company stocks' prices; Reaction from National Cable Television Association (NCTA) President James Mooney; Loss from rollback of $1.5 billion subscriber revenue; Legal relief from...
- Can you pass this FCC exam? // Popular Electronics;Feb94, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p63
Presents a sample of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Commercial Operators Examination test. INSET: How to take the FCC exam..