NexWave Surprises Industry
- NEXTWAVE ASSET VALUE DROPS AS HIGH COURT RULING LOOMS. Luna, Lynette // Telephony;5/13/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the declining value of the wireless licenses of NextWave Telecom Inc. in the U.S. as of May 13, 2002. Amount of the licenses offered in a re-auction with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and wireless operators last January 2002; Bankruptcy situation of NextWave.
- Notoriety. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p12
Comments on the issue of the wireless licenses involving NextWave Telecom Incorporated. Large carriers in the United States that want licenses held by NextWave.
- Reselling out. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;07/13/98, Vol. 235 Issue 2, p42
Discusses the wireless resale plans of the telecommunications carriers on NextWave Telecom which had planned to act as a carriers' carrier and sell wholesale minutes on its networks. MCI Communications' deal with NextWave to buy ten billion minutes over ten years; PCS providers and cellular...
- NextWave Deal Still Not Settled. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;1/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the proposed deal regarding the sale of NextWave's wireless communication licenses. Terms of the proposed deal; Reason behind the settlement that was reached regarding the deal; Information on the companies that have sought for a refund of the auction for NextWave licenses.
- NextWave progresses on its market buildout. Sakelaris, Linda Kay // RCR;05/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p16
Reports that NextWave Telecom Incorporated made major progress in their national network buildout, successfully downpaying $12.5 on ten megahertz licenses. Company's call for respect for the network construction it has accomplished; Number of additional licenses granted in the auction of D-, E-...
- Is NextWave riding a wave to future success? Wells, Ken R. // San Diego Business Journal;5/13/96, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
Reports that NextWave telecommunications company of California, caused some speculations in California's telecommunication industry in April, 1996 when the company bid $4.2 billion to purchase wireless telecommunications licenses in 56 markets around the United States. How the purchase of...
- Commission crib notes. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p12
Offers observations on issues confronting the wireless industry in the United States (U.S.). Fund pledged by NextWave Telecom Inc. to the U.S. government for PCS spectrum; Comment on carriers that offer service in areas that are not lucrative.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry as of July 16, 2001. Response of a group of carriers impacted by an appeals court ruling that returns PCS licenses to NextWave Telecom Inc.; Expected financial results of wireless Internet provider GoAmerica Inc. for the second...
- NextWave Hoping for UBS Facility. Nugent, John // Bank Loan Report;8/27/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 34, pN.PAG
The article informs that NextWave Telecom Inc. received a $2.5 billion credit facility from UBS Warburg to back its wireless data transmission network. However, the caveat is that NextWave must regain control of the U.S. airwaves.