WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUTï¿½
- In the modern world of optics Small is Beautiful. Chaffin, Richard // Optical World;Jun2014, Vol. 43 Issue 364, p10
The article offers information related to the optical laboratory machinery manufacturing industry in Great Britain. It reveals that manufacturers have all focused on marketing their equipment in small versions such as the latest technology for surfacing and finishing of lenses. Micro Optics, a...
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;May/Jun2013, Vol. 41, p30
The article previews products from the optical lab industry, including a customized progressive lens series from Carl Zeiss Vision, the Alta Zd edger from Briot, and the Crizal Kids UV lenses from Essilor.
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 38 Issue 19C, p32
The article evaluates various optical laboratory supplies including SALEM Vision Group's tak adhesive backed anti-slip film, Santinelli International's SE-9090 Supra Industrial Lens Edger, and Western Optical Supply's Nose Pad Inserting Pliers.
- New Release of DCS Simulator. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2E, p24
The article announces the DCS Simulator software program being released by The Vision Council for testing if laboratory machines conform with the Data Communication Standard (DCS) before they are shipped for installation and delivery.
- 'VISION X.'. LENTO, KEN; MCELLIN, PAUL // LabTalk;May/Jun2011, Vol. 39 Issue 09A, p20
The article previews Vision X, an automated tray handling system developed by FlexLink Systems for optical laboratories.
- Lab Italee Implements Essilor's Optifog Technology. // Vision Monday;6/18/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p84
The article reports on the implementation of the patented Optifog technology at the Lab Italee of Essilor of America Inc. in Los Angeles, California.
- Icare Labs Adds Digital Finishing. // Vision Monday;9/20/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p063
The article reports on the installation of the Satisloh ES4 robotic edging line at the optical laboratory of Icare Labs in Saint Petersburg, Florida.
- Optical Laboratory Equipment. // Laser Focus World;Nov2011, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p81
The article offers brief information on the optical laboratory equipment from Terahertz Technologies Inc.
- ASK THE EXPERTS. GREGG, IAN; ATCHISON, KURT; SIMONETTA, DANIEL // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 39 Issue 02E, p26
The article presents the responses of experts to the question of how much technical training one needs to be able to operate a machine or equipment used for lens design.