- Snakes in art. Souci, Robert D. San // Faces;Oct95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p17
Looks at the presentation of snakes in the art of various civilizations. Michaelangelo's painting on a wall of the Sistine Chapel in Rome; Snake as the portrayal of the life of Buddha; Snakes as the representation of wisdom and heaven's benevolent power in Chinese symbolism; Hindu nagas;...
- SERPENTINE SOLUTIONS. Hubbard, Guy // Arts & Activities;Jan2003, Vol. 132 Issue 5, p24
Deals with artistic images of snakelike forms. Factors that add to the snake's perceived mystical power; Characteristics of the serpentine artistic shapes and forms; Approaches to using serpentine shape and form in art classes.
- Collage. Lee, M. // Hobby Profile: Collage;2015, p1
This article discusses the art form of collage. A historical overview of the craft of collage is provided. The article offers advice on how to get started with collage making as a hobby, with particular focus on the materials and time investment required. The article also discusses the...
- Swinging snakes. // Embroidery on Paper;2008, p20
The article offers step-by-step instructions for embroidery works with swinging snake patterns.
- Untitled. // Art & Antiques;Oct2011, Vol. 34 Issue 8, preceding p18
An image of an antique gold snake bracelet from Central Asia is presented.
- Draft Snake. // Ask;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p16
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making draft snake.
- Great Serpent Mound. Richardson, Sarah // American History;Feb2011, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p23
The article presents a photograph of an earthworks in Ohio and discusses the use of serpent symbols in ancient monuments.
- She Wu. // Orientations;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 44 Issue 1, preceding p34
An image of the snake sculpture "She Wu," by the artist Dennis Chan, is presented.
- Send in the clowns. // Figurines & Collectibles;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p65
Presents information on the clown collectibles available on the secondary market. Companies offering clown figurines; Cost of the figurines offered; Design of the clowns; Comments from retailers on the longevity of the clown collectibles.