- Snakes in art. Souci, Robert D. San // Faces;Oct95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p17
Looks at the presentation of snakes in the art of various civilizations. Michaelangelo's painting on a wall of the Sistine Chapel in Rome; Snake as the portrayal of the life of Buddha; Snakes as the representation of wisdom and heaven's benevolent power in Chinese symbolism; Hindu nagas;...
- Collage. Lee, M. // Hobby Profile: Collage;2015, p1
This article discusses the art form of collage. A historical overview of the craft of collage is provided. The article offers advice on how to get started with collage making as a hobby, with particular focus on the materials and time investment required. The article also discusses the...
- Send in the clowns. // Figurines & Collectibles;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p65
Presents information on the clown collectibles available on the secondary market. Companies offering clown figurines; Cost of the figurines offered; Design of the clowns; Comments from retailers on the longevity of the clown collectibles.
- popping the question. Holmes, Laura Tringali; McCray, Marguerite; Bartell, Shirley; Shannon, Genevieve; Fredricks, Gail; Mackey, Candace; Fischer, Dea // Cloth Paper Scissors;Mar2011, Issue 35, p20
The article presents the responses of readers of the magazine on whether they have ever repurposed clothing in their art. Laura Tringali Holmes used a black lace from her daughter's skirt in a collage. Shirley Bartell used old blue jeans making fabric bracelets. Dea Fischer made a set of pajamas...
- my steampunk collage. collier-morales, roberta // Cloth Paper Scissors;Sep/Oct2014, p42
The article offers information on making a steampunk collage which is about combining and recycling the old with the new. It states that achieving an authentic Steampunk look for a collage is by using brown paper bags stained with shoe polish in order to give textural effects. It adds that old...
- SERPENTINE SOLUTIONS. Hubbard, Guy // Arts & Activities;Jan2003, Vol. 132 Issue 5, p24
Deals with artistic images of snakelike forms. Factors that add to the snake's perceived mystical power; Characteristics of the serpentine artistic shapes and forms; Approaches to using serpentine shape and form in art classes.
- Clowns! // Soft Dolls & Animals!;Jul2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p14
Photographs of several types soft clown dolls are presented, including Triboulet by Katrina Parker, Boo-Boo by Kerri Fiolek, and Ringmaster by Liz A. Hernandez.
- Dazzle the Clown. ALLEN, MICHELLE // Soft Dolls & Animals!;May2013, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p8
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making the pattern of a clown doll.
- Cover Page. // Saturday Evening Post;6/26/1948, Vol. 220 Issue 52, preceding p1
The cover of the journal is presented which shows a drawing of a parade of clowns playing musical instruments.