ASK THE EXPERTS
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Vision Monday;11/10/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p74
The article presents statistics on topics related to the U.S. optical industry, including the rate of photochromic lenses sold, the percentage of people who use some sort of vision correction and the percentage of contact lens wearers who wear their contacts solely to change or enhance their eye...
- Reorder your contact lens ordering: Smart planning, good business sense help avoid common mistakes. Pearce, David M. // Ophthalmology Times;11/15/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p61
The article provides information on the three common mistakes committed when ordering contact lenses and offers ways on how to solve these errors. The keys to keep patients satisfied when ordering contact lenses are smart planning and sense of good business. Tips to ensure practice profitability...
- Simple, clear and easy. Russ, Martin // Optometry Today;11/6/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 21, p26
The article explores ways of making contact lenses an option for patients. Growth depends on the enthusiasm of the optometrist discussing contact lenses as an option during eye examinations. The practice team must be confident about the benefits of contact lens wear and understand the different...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Vision Monday;10/22/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p76
The article presents statistics related to the optical industry, including the percent of contact lens wearers who purchased their contact lenses from the doctor who originally wrote their prescription, the percent of AR lens pairs sold that are bifocal/trifocal lenses, and the percent of...
- Eye Contact. Chiang, Mona // Science World;02/07/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the risk of sharing eye colored contact lenses with friends.
- Contact lens aftercare & complications. Gupta, Navneet // Optometry Today;2/25/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p38
A quiz about contact lens aftercare and complications is presented.
- Multifocal vs. monovision for your presbyopic patients. Bowling, Ernie // Optometry Times;Mar2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p12
The article highlights multifocal contact lenses, which is gaining use among presbyopes and is expected to be used by 2.3 billion by 2020. Multifocal lenses are prescribed in 79% of all contact lens (CL) fits in Portugal and 23% in the Netherlands, Costa Rica and Taiwan and in the U.S, it...
- Lens Wear So Comfortable Patients Don't Even Notice. // Review of Optometry;May2013 Review of Cornea & Contact Lenses, p4
The article discusses a study which revealed that wearing contact lens is comfortable and no clinically significant effect occurs at the ocular surfaces by wearing contact lens as compared to those who do not wear lenses.
- Study: Extended wear remains small percentage of total contact lens fits. // Primary Care Optometry News;May2012, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
The article presents an overview of a study which found that extended wear modality makes up 7.8% of total contact lens fits.