A New Political Era?
- Burma Government Suspends Megadam. Yan, Katy // World Rivers Review;Dec2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p16
The article reports that President Thein Sein of Burma suspended the construction of Myitsone Dam, a 3.6 billion U.S. dollars hydropower project in the country.
- A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: Making Sense of Myanmar's Political Reforms. Lintner, Bertil // Global Asia;Fall2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p74
An essay on the political reforms in Myanmar and the geopolitics guiding U.S. intervention in these reforms is presented. It discusses the 2010 election that led to the formation of President Thein Sein's quasi-civilian government, the response of the U.S. and the rest of the international...
- Burmese regime playing the 'American' card to get more concessions from 'comrade state' China. Lam, Willy // East-Asia-Intel Reports;11/30/2011, p6
The article analyzes the foreign policy being used by President of Burma, Thein Sein with respect to the U.S. and China. It is reported that, the reforms which have been initiated by Sein in the country like releasing political prisoners, are mainly aimed at persuading the U.S. to lift trade and...
- GLOBAL MONITOR. Patel, Sonal // Power;Dec2011, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p8
The article offers world news briefs related to the energy industries. Alstom has launched the upgraded GT26 gas turbine and corresponding 60 hertz KA24 combined cycle power plant. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. (MHI) also unveiled its F-class M701F5 gas turbine. Burmese President Thein Sein...
- Myanmar: Political Reforms and the Recalibration of External Relations. Bünte, Marco; Dosch, Jörn // Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs;2015, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p3
The article focuses on the political reforms and foreign policy in Myanmar. Topics discussed include the political liberalisation initiated by President U Thein Sein since 2011, economic development, and growing Chinese influence in the country. Also mentioned are the economic reforms, changes...
- Irawaddy project suspended. // Modern Power Systems;Nov2011, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p7
The article reports that Burma President Thein Sein orders the suspension 3.6 billion U.S. dollars hydropower project on the Irrawaddy river.
- Myanmar law. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);2/12/2015, p3
The article reports on the law approved by Myanmar President Thein Sein permitting a referendum on alterations to the Constitution with the government of Thein come under international and domestic pressure to reform the political system of Myanmar in 2015.
- Martial law declared in Myanmar region. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);2/18/2015, p2
The article reports on Myanmar President Thein Sein's declaration of a three-month period of martial law in the country on February 17, 2015.
- Embattled Pakistan President Zardari Visits Myanmar. // News India Times;2/3/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p17
The article reports that Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has visited Myanmar on January 24, 2012 to meet with President Thein Sein.