External Headwinds Prompt Growth Revision
- Vplyv globÃ¡lnej ekonomiky na vÃ½voj ekonomiky SR v obdobÃ 2009-2012. Hajnovičová, Viera // Forecasting Papers / Prognosticke Prace;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p103
The goal of the study is to analyse the impact of global economy on the Slovak economy during the crisis years 2009-2012. In the first part of the study the development of the economy based on GDP data in 2009-2012 is reviewed. The production and consumption structures of GDP are analysed, of...
- The Economic Environment in Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia FYR, and Greece. Minassian, Garabed // Eastern European Economics;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p45
Examines the economic environment of selected Balkan economies namely, Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia FYR and Greece. Comparison of nominal and purchasing power parity gross domestic product; Factors influencing economic growth; Overview of economic stabilization and macroeconomic policy; Focus...
- SBV Rate Hike Presents Downside Risks To Growth. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2011, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p5
The article focuses on monetary policy of State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) in Vietnam and also informs about the recent introduction of 100 basis points by SBV. As stated, SBV took this decision to tackle inflation in the country and it is expected that SBV will reverse the policy in early 2012 to...
- Risks To Banking Sector To Rise In 2010. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
The article presents the rising risks in the banking sector in Vietnam for 2010. It states that banking industry will be suffered as monetary and fiscal policy tighten. It cites that most of Vietnamese banks have obtained remarkable profit inspite of the dropped off in real gross domestic...
- Double-Dip Scenario Still In Play. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the economic condition of Vietnam for 2010. It indicates that the country's stimulus-driven economic recovery has brought real gross domestic product (GDP) growth to 6.9% year-on-year in fourth quarter of 2009. It mentions the growth of the service sector from 6.6%...
- Manufacturers provide impetus for surge in GDP. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;5/3/2002, p1
Reports the increasing gross domestic product of the manufacturing industries in Canada. Alleviation of the economic output; Growth of the motor vehicle assembly and parts industries; Factors affecting the economic recovery.
- Economy Needs More Jobs, Not Handouts. Pace, Norma // Paperboard Packaging;Mar2003, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p6
Determines the growth of gross domestic product in the manufacturing industries in the U.S. Percentage of the decline of manufacturing output; Acceleration of tax cuts for manufacturing jobs; Increase in demand for packaging.
- Boats, planes, why not trains? Baker, Glenn // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Jun2010, p1
The article mentions signs of recovery of the manufacturing industry of New Zealand, including the increase in the seasonally adjusted Performance of Manufacturing Index, an estimated 770 to 1,270 job growth, and the addition of 250 million New Zealand dollars to the gross domestic product (GDP).
- Economic Growth: Outlook. // Czech Republic Country Monitor;Mar2012, p4
The article offers forecasts for the gross domestic product (GDP) growth in Czech Republic in 2012 and discusses the potential improvement of the manufacturing industry.