Sandia Issues RFI for Handheld Biometric Collection Devices
- Directory Lists Accredited Labs. // Test & Measurement World;Jul99, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p8
Reports the inclusion of accredited testing laboratories in the 1999 Directory list of the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP). Number of listed laboratories; Range of laboratory specialties accredited by NVLAP; Web site of NVLAP; Contact information.
- World Directory Lists Approved Testing Labs. Wingo, Walter S. // Design News;6/11/90, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p21
The article introduces a government directory list of U.S. and foreign laboratories. The National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program endorsed the directory used for various forms of testing. It covers testing methods such as acoustics and commercial products. The commercial products...
- Cal Lab Accreditation Slowly Takes Hold. Larson, Melissa // Quality;Dec98, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the collaboration between the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program and the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation to create an internationally recognized standard of competence. Program of the two organization to settle out difference in standards systems;...
- National Standards of P.R. calibration lab wins first federal accreditation in region. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;10/21/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p14
The article reports that National Standards of Puerto Rico (NSPR) is the first calibration laboratory for all types and classifications of measurement devices in the Caribbean to receive accreditation under the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program of the U.S. National Institute of...
- Accreditation Eases Access To World Markets. Lecklider, Tom // EE: Evaluation Engineering;Nov2005, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p44
Provides information on the addition of the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and telecommunications category together with the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) administered by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology. Significance of such action to...
- TÃœVRheinland Receives NVLAP Accreditation for its EMC Testing Lab. // Magnetics Business & Technology;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p28
The article reports that TÃœVRheinland has received an accreditation under the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) for its electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and telecommunications testing laboratory in Rochester, New York. NVLAP confirms that the test facility and its...
- Suggested Modifications to ASTM Test Method E 477. Lilly, Jerry G. // Sound & Vibration;Jun2011, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p12
ASTM E-477 is the current standard test method used in North America for evaluating the acoustic and aerodynamic performance of duct silencers. The test method uses, at a minimum, a source chamber, a test duct (that includes a test specimen), and a reverberation chamber. If testing under flow is...
- Energy department's `good neighbor' policy. Ram, B.J. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jan/Feb1988, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p35
Discusses the US Department of Energy's long-range plans to improve its safety record. It is unclear how the department will meet the costs of cleaning up the environment and improving safety while increasing production.
- The tritium follies. Albright, D.; Beard, J. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov1989, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the shutdown of the three Savannah River reactors near Aiken, S.C., the Pentagon's panic over a reduced supply of tritium, and the steps that could be taken by the Energy Department and the Pentagon to extend the current supply of tritium for several years.