DTRA Seeks Sources for Better Understanding Chem/Bio Threat Agents
- DTRA Plans Industry Days on Biosurveillance Ecosystem Technologies. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/4/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p25
The article reports on the plans of the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) to host two Industry Days on interoperable biosurveillance (BSV) ecosystem technologies.
- DTRA Issues BAA for Nuclear Forensics and Advanced Detector Development. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/21/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p20
The article reports on a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) issued by the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency to meet its requirement to conduct research in nuclear detection and forensics.
- DTRA Issues RFI for WMD Defeat R&D Contracts. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/3/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p19
The article reports on the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency's Request for Information which aims to gather feedback regarding contracts supporting the Weapons of Mass Destruction Defeat Technology.
- Younger Speaks From the Frontline of Defense. Guinnessy, Paul // Physics Today;Feb2003, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p23
Features Stephen Younger, director of the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. His job responsibilities; Career background; Focus of the DTRA.
- Notice of Availability for Exclusive, Non-Exclusive, or Partially-Exclusive Licensing of an Invention Concerning a Radiation Detector System for Locating and Identifying Special Nuclear Material in Moving Vehicles. Siegel, Aaron // Federal Register;3/7/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 45, p13566
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency of the U.S. Department of Defense to declare the availability of licenses for inventions regarding radiation detector system for detecting nuclear material in moving vehicles.
- Small Arms and Light Weapons Missions-to-Date As of December 2008. // DISAM Journal of International Security Assistance Management;Spring2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p73
The article provides a list of 43 countries where the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction agency has made assessments or held seminars. The dates of visits from combatant commands such as the Africa Command, the dates of conferences or consultations for 30 countries including Chile and Spain, and the...
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency Awards FLIR Systems Stand-off Radiation Detection System Contract. // Military Technology;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that the FLIR Systems Inc. has secured a 1.1 million dollars contract from the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency for the Phase II development of an advanced stand-off radiation detection system.
- DTRA Issues BAA for Chem/Bio Technologies Directorate New Initiatives. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/14/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p20
The article reports that the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Chemical and Biological Technologies Directorate, has released a Broad Agency Announcement for the New Initiatives Fiscal Year 2012-2013 Program Build.
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency Supports DAU Coursework. Blum, Bud; Neasham, Jon; Magill, Bill; Zittel, Randy // Program Manager;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on the educational cooperation between the U.S. Department of Defense's (DoD) Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and the professional education community of DoD. Incorporation of Weapons of Mass Destruction Simulation into the Advanced Systems Engineering Course of DoD;...