DARPA Plans Authentication Program Using Software Biometrics
- DARPA Plans Authentication Program Using Software Biometrics. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;11/30/2011, Vol. 252 Issue 41, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is planning to launch its Active Authentication program to initiate a basic research effort in software biometrics to identify people rather than rely on things such as passwords, user IDs and physical...
- THERMACORE AWARDED CONTRACT EXTENSION FOR ACTIVE HEAT SINK TECHNOLOGY. // Power Electronics Technology;Mar2011, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the 3 million dollars Option Phase contract extension awarded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to Thermacore Inc. to continue commercializing and developing active heat sink technologies for Micro-technologies for Air-Cooled Exchangers (MACE) in the...
- DARPA Awards ACN Phase I Contracts. Rivers, B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p31
Focuses on the contracts awarded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) for the development and construction of the Airborne Communications Node (ANC). Value of the contract; Details on the Phase I of the program.
- RASCAL SET TO LAUNCH. Parmalee, Patricia J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/25/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p19
Announces the awarding of agreements to companies for the Responsive Access Small Cargo Affordable launch by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency in the U.S. Cost of the feasibility studies; Names of contenders; Views of Tony Materna, president of Van Nuys on the development of an...
- Invincea wins contract to create secure Android smartphones for the US Army. // WiMAX Monthly Newsletter;Jul2012, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p7
The article announces that the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the U.S. Army Research Laboratory (ARL) granted a 21.4 million U.S. dollar contract to security software developer Invincea to develop secure smartphone and electronic tablet software for the U.S. military.
- BIOMETRIC MEASURES. T. G. // ASEE Prism;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p17
The article focuses on biometrics identification system with a study conducted by University of Washington showing people loose confidence in system if they are denied access at first time and the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency working to develop an improved fingerprint biometrics.
- Death of the Password. RICHARDSON, KARYN // Signal;Aug2015, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p15
The article discusses the development of the cognitive fingerprint program for identity verification systems of computers. Topics covered include the implications of such systems that are designed to recognize human patterns and behavior, employment of covert-conditioned biometrics, and the...
- Phenomenon. STROMBERG, JOSEPH // Smithsonian;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses the field of biometrics, devoted to identifying individuals based on physical and behavioral characteristics. It particularly comments on the Active Authentication cybersecurity program of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), a division of the U.S. Department...
- Poway: SpaceDev Inc. to Launch Work on Project. Wiedemann, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p21
The article reports that SpaceDev Inc. was awarded a contract by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to develop a new propulsion system for satellites. The research arm of the Department of Defense commissioned SpaceDev to design a solar-powered engine to steer nanosatellites....