Does nut allergy include coconuts or pine nuts?
- Understanding the surge in childhood food intolerance. Noble-Jamie, Gabriele // Pulse;4/28/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p54
Focuses on the common culprits in food intolerance and the source of the problem in Great Britain. Incidence of allergies of all kinds among children; Intolerance reactions to foods; Identification of the clinical syndrome.
- You may have intolerance or allergy to certain foods. DiGiampaolo, Ellen // Diabetes in the News;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p34
Discusses food allergy or food intolerance. Duration of reaction; Common reactions for allergy and food intolerance; Prevention; Use of skin test; Step-by step procedure in identifying and avoiding offending substance; Selection of packaged foods. INSET: High risk foods..
- Unfriendly foods--how great is the threat of food allergy? McMann, Mary Carole // Environmental Nutrition;Mar1997, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p1
Talks about food allergies. Production of histamines by the body; Part of the body affected and severity of symptoms of food allergy; Foods that cause allergic reaction; Food allergy tests. INSET: The perilous peanut..
- Insidious allergies caused by immune system's overreaction. Hirsch, Cheryl // Health News & Review;Winter95, p9
Discusses food sensitivities. Factors that overwork the digestive system; Difficulty in detection of food allergy; Obvious and hidden reactions; Criteria for honing in on suspect foods; Elimination of foods one is allergic to in the diet; Books about food allergies.
- Food sensitivity. Schardt, David // Nutrition Action Health Letter;May94, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the causes of food sensitivity and how to cope with it. Outgrowing food allergies in childhood; Intolerance for food; Treatment; Determining specific cause of food sensitivity. INSETS: Simply shocking (allergic reactions to food).;Ecologically clinical (causes of food allergy)..
- Meeting the challenge. BL // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p12
Reports on a British study on the prevalence of intolerance to eight food groups.
- Do foods make you sick? // Consumer Reports on Health;Dec93, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p129
Explains the difference between food allergy and food intolerance. Avoidance of misdiagnosis and mistreatment; Dealing with true food reactions. INSET: Milking lactose intolerance for all it's worth..
- Reducing allergen risks. Gorski, Donna // Dairy Foods;Feb97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p31
Provides an overview on food allergens and their impact on dairy processors. Difference between food allergy and intolerance; Types of food allergies; Need for individuals involved with the manufacturing process to be aware of which foods and ingredients cause reactions; Allergy to peanuts;...
- Literature reviews: General pediatrics. J.B.L.; Lampe, John B. // Clinical Pediatrics;Feb97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p115
Presents an abstract of a study entitled `Peanut Allergy in Relation to Heredity, Maternal Diet, and Other Atopic Diseases: Results of a Questionnaire Survey, Skin Prick Testing, and Food Challenges,' by J. O'B. Hourihane, T.P. Dean et. al. published in the 1996 edition of the `British Medical...
- Intolerance or allergy? // Pediatrics for Parents;1994, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p2
Presents information from the periodical `Annal of Allergy,' on food allergies. Difference with food intolerance; Definitions; Importance of accurate diagnosis.