Structural characterization of a ribose-5-phosphate isomerase B from the pathogenic fungus Coccidioides immitis
- coccidioidomycosis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p475
A definition of the term "coccidioidomycosis," which refers to an infection caused by pathogenic fungus, Coccidioides immitis is presented. The fungus' spores known as arthroconidia circulate in the air when the soil is disturbed. People who inhale the spores are at risk of having active or...
- Revenge of the spirits. Kagnoff, Aroga // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p54
Describes the case of a 42-year old Japanese American diagnosed to have been infected by the Coccidiodies immitis, an endemic desert fungus. Manifestation of infections; Complications; Treatment.
- COCCIDIOIDOMYCOSIS OF THE HEAD AND NECK. Copeland, Benjamin; White, David; Buenting, John // Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology;Jan2003, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p98
Reports on the case of retropharyngeal abscess with destruction of the adjacent cervical vertebra caused by Coccidioides immitis in a nonendemic region. Symptoms; Importance of determining the socioeconomic factors associated with the disease.
- coccidioidin. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p475
A definition of the term "coccidioidin," which refers to an antigenic substance prepared from coccidioides immitis is presented.
- Dangerous Dust. Pappagianis, Demosthenes // Natural History;Mar83, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p36
Reports on the presence of infectious fungus, Coccidioides immitis in certain hot, arid regions of California and the Southwest. Pathogenesis of the disease; Symptoms; Differences in the response of different population groups to the disease.
- Coccidioidomycosis: A regional disease of national importance. Galgiani, John N. // Annals of Internal Medicine;02/16/99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p293
Considers approaches for controlling coccidioidomycosis. Importance of early diagnosis of coccidioidomycosis; Specific tests for diagnosing coccidioidal infections; Management of newly diagnosed coccidioidal infections; Fungal pathogenesis and genetics of coccidioides immitis; Immunologic...
- NEWS AND NOTES. // British Medical Journal;9/8/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6190, p616
Reports global developments related to medicine as of September 1979. Association of sleepwalking with hypnotics, tranquilizers and antidepressants; Use of beta-blockers in simulating illness; Importance of climate on the dispersal of coccidioides immitis.
- Counterimmunoelectrophoresis in the Detection of Antibodies Against Coccidioides immitis. Aguilar-Torres, Francisco G.; Jackson, Leon J.; Ferstenfeld, Julian E.; Pappagianis, Demosthenes; Rytel, Michael W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec76, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p740
Presents a study the examined the use of counterimmunoelectrophoresis in the detection of antibodies against Coccidioides immitis. Background on counterimmunoelectrophoresis; Comparison between counterimmunoelectrophoresis and immunodiffusion methods; Difference between complement fixation and...
- Coccidioidin Skin Testing in Kern County, California: Decrease in Infection Rate over 58 Years. Larwood, Thomas R.; Shiraki, Kimiyasu // Clinical Infectious Diseases;3/1/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p612
Reports on Coccidioides immitis infection in Kern County, California. Comparison of skin test surveys conducted since 1959 with those from 1937 to 1945; Factors that have contributed to the long-term decrease in the infection rate; Major events that have produced more infections in the area.