Doctors and local media: a synergy for public health information? A controlled trial to evaluate the effects of a multifaceted campaign on antibiotic prescribing (protocol)
- A 2011-2012 Survey of Doctors' Perceptions of Korean Guidelines and Empirical Treatment of Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Hye-In Kim; Shin-Woo Kim; Hyun-Ha Chang; Jong-Myung Lee; Kyong Ran Peck // Infection & Chemotherapy;Dec2013, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p394
Background: The causative pathogens of and prevalence of antibiotic resistance in community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) varies across countries. We evaluated the patterns of antibiotic prescriptions for adult CAP patients, and physician satisfaction with the form and content of the 2009 Korean CAP...
- Antibiotic use among older adults highest in the South. Shafer, Emily; Zacharyczuk, Colleen // Infectious Disease News;Nov2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p25
The article reports on a study which revealed geographical variations in the prescription of antibiotics to outpatients in the U.S.
- Aile hekimleri ve uzmanlar arasÄ±nda antimikrobiyallerin akÄ±lcÄ± reÃ§etelendirilmesi: tutum ve talepler. ÇÖPLÜ, Nilay; İLHAN, Mustafa Necmi; CİLİV, Emine Fusun; ŞENLİK, Zeynep Belma; ERTEK, Mustafa // Turkish Bulletin of Hygiene & Experimental Biology / TÃ¼rk Hijye;2014, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p19
Objective: This study aims to investigate the conditions and the factors affecting clinicians in prescription of antibiotic medicines. In this way, some of the policies to combat with the development of antibiotic resistance will be appointed and the measurement of the efficiency of the measures...
- User-friendly guidelines decreased antibiotic use in Quebec. // Infectious Disease News;Aug2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p25
The article discusses research on the influence of user-friendly guidelines on antibiotic use in Quebec, by Karl Weiss and colleagues, published in "Clinical Infectious Diseases."
- Antibiotic prescriptions for acute bronchitis decreased with decision support strategies. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Feb2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses research on antibiotic prescriptions for acute bronchitis in the U.S., referencing a study by R. Gonzales and colleagues published in a 2013 issue of the "Journal of the American Medical Association: Internal Medicine."
- Drug utilisation profile in the Italian paediatric population. Clavenna, Antonio; Berti, Alessandra; Gualandi, Lucia; Rossi, Elisa; De Rosa, Marisa; Bonati, Maurizio // European Journal of Pediatrics;Feb2009, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p173
In order to evaluate the prescribing pattern in the Italian paediatric population, prescriptions involving 923,353 children under 14 years old and dispensed during 2006 by the retail pharmacies of 22 Italian local health units were analysed. A total of 561,237 children (61%) received at least...
- Current attitudes on self-use and prescription of hormone therapy among New York City gynaecologists. Devi, Gayatri; Sugiguchi, Fumitaka; Pedersen, Anette Tønnes; Abrassart, Dana; Glodowski, Michele; Nachtigall, Lila // Menopause International;Sep2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p121
The article focuses on a study which examined the self-use and prescription use of hormone therapy among New York City obstetrician-gynaecologists. A questionnaire concerning hormone therapy use was completed by obstetricians-gynaecologists. Results of the study showed that 27.3% of male...
- Drug utilization pattern in South Indian pediatric population: A prospective study. Thiruthopu, Nimbagiri Swamy; Mateti, Uday Venkat; Bairi, Raju; Sivva, Divya; Martha, Srinivas // Perspectives in Clinical Research;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p178
Background: Studies on the process of drug utilization focus on factors related to prescribing, dispensing, administering and taking of medication and its associated events. Aims: The aim of this study is to assess the prescribing patterns of medicines, apply the World Health Organization (WHO)...
- Analysis of individually prepared medicines prescription in community pharmacy. Ľ., Lehocká; L., Masaryková; D., Mináriková; I., Malovecká; A., Oleárová; M., Fulmeková; V., Foltán // Acta Facultatis Pharmaceuticae Universitatis Comenianae;Dec2013, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p23
Our study deals with the analysis of prescription of individually prepared medicines (IPMs) in selected community pharmacies in Slovakia and Greece during the year 2011. Throughout the given period, the total sum of processed medical prescriptions in selected Slovak pharmacies was 50,992, while...