Preventing alcohol misuse in young people aged 9-11 years through promoting family communication: an exploratory evaluation of the Kids, Adults Together (KAT) Programme
- ASK-PEP Program. // Tennessee Tribune;12/22/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p5A
The article focuses on the Alcoholism, Screening and Knowledge-Parents Empowering Parents (ASK-PEP) program in Nashville, Tennessee that is aimed at inspiring youth and their parents to live peaceful and drug-free lives, with emphasis on a Thanksgiving Dinner co-hosted by the program in 2011.
- Ask Supernanny. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);8/13/2007, Vol. 59 Issue 33, p91
The author expresses her opinion regarding the effect of television on kids. Watching too much television can cause 15 different health risks to children according to a psychologist. The author said that putting a DVD on before a child goes to bed is lazy and will lead to problems which also...
- Alcohol misuse and the family. Latham, Linda // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Jun2014, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p55
No abstract available.
- Effectiveness of the Strengthening Families Programme 10-14 in Poland for the prevention of alcohol and drug misuse: protocol for a randomized controlled trial. // BMC Public Health;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p319
The article presents the findings of a research conducted on examining the effectiveness of the Strengthening Families Programme (SFP) 10-14, launched in Poland for the prevention of alcohol and drug misuse. It discusses how this programme works. It discusses the methodology of this randomized...
- What parents should know about changes in the classroom. // Jewish Advocate;2/22/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 8, p11
The article discusses the importance of being updated by parents regarding changes taking place in teaching methods in classrooms.
- Drop Off. Parsons, Dustin // Indiana Review;Summer2014, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p101
The article presents author's views regarding his son's way to his classroom where the author was not allowed to walk.
- Who Goes to School? Is the Child Really There? Strickland, Joann H. // Educational Leadership;Feb1969, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p459
The article discusses the determination of children's differences outside and inside the classroom. Differences of children who goes to school can only be determined by the children's teacher. A focus on the program and observation of particular models are also significant as it may help in the...
- Filming Underway for Code Adam Project Remake. Snyder, Mike // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p89
The article reports on the production for the International Association for the Leisure and Entertainment Industry's (IALEI) "Code Adam" training DVD. The remake is about quickly locating children who have become separated from their parents in a retail store or other setting. IALEI is remaking...
- Mom and Dad: Are We OK? Rowh, Mark // Current Health 1;Apr/May2010, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p12
The article offers tips on how children can improve their relationships with their parents.