Burden of traumatic spine fractures in Tehran, Iran
- MEDICAL NEWS. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/16/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6467, p566
Reports developments on medical issues in Great Britain as of February 1985. Information on spinal injuries unit; Increase on budget of World Health Organization; Surveillance of child health by health visitors.
- Costo directo de las lesiones en la columna. Jiménez-Ávila, José María; Calderón-Granados, Alejandra; Bitar-Alatorre, Wadih Emilio // Cirugia y Cirujanos;sep/oct2012, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p435
Background: high prevalence and high costs in the treatment of spine injuries make a cost study necessary. The objective of this paper is to analyze, from the economic point of view, the behavior of traumatic and non-traumatic spinal pathologies in relation to hospital stay. Methods: analysis of...
- Kyphoplastie zur Behandlung osteoporotischer Wirbelfrakturen. Prokop, A.; Koukal, C.; Dolezych, R.; Chmielnicki, M. // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Gerontologie und Geriatrie;Dec2012, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p756
For over 10 years, kyphoplasty has been established for the treatment of painful osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures. Its effectiveness has been substantiated in multiple clinical studies. Not only is prompt pain reduction achieved, but according to a new, large, long-term study,...
- Incidencia de las lesiones vertebrales traumÃ¡ticas en el Servicio de CirugÃa de Columna de un hospital de concentraciÃ³n del sistema de seguridad social. Cisneros-Dreinhofer, Federico; Hurtado-Padilla, Antonio // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;nov/dic2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p292
Objective: Evaluate the incidence and etiology of traumatic spinal fractures with or without spinal cord injury during January 1st 2000 to December 31st 2001 in a hospital of the social security. Material and methods: It is a retrospective, transversal, descriptive and observational study, were...
- Dual-energy CT in vertebral compression fractures: performance of visual and quantitative analysis for bone marrow edema demonstration with comparison to MRI. Bierry, Guillaume; Venkatasamy, Aïna; Kremer, Stéphane; Dosch, Jean-Claude; Dietemann, Jean-Louis // Skeletal Radiology;Apr2014, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p485
Objective: To prospectively evaluate the performance of virtual non-calcium (VNC) dual-energy CT (DECT) images for the demonstration of trauma-related abnormal marrow attenuation in collapsed and non-collapsed vertebral compression fractures (VCF) with MRI as a reference standard. Materials and...
- Avulsion Fracture of the Anterior Inferior Iliac Spine among Amateur Football Players. Çıraklı, Alper; Zengin, yüp Çağatay; Sezgin, Hicabi; Çıraklı, Sevgi; Erdoğan, Murat // Journal of Academic Emergency Medicine Case Reports / Akademik A;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p136
Avulsion fractures of the pelvic apophyses among athletes in the adolescent period are rare injuries caused by sudden contraction of the adhesive muscles. Avulsion fracture of the anterior inferior iliac spine (AIIS) in a 15-year-old amateur athlete is presented. The patient's history revealed a...
- Balloon kyphoplasty and percutaneous fixation of lumbar fractures in pediatric patients. Singer, Georg; Wegmann, Helmut; Kraus, Tanja; Gumpert, Rainer; Till, Holger; Eberl, Robert // European Spine Journal;Feb2016, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p651
Purpose:Type A fractures of the spine requiring operative stabilization are rare injuries in the pediatric population. Current reports have demonstrated the safety of the combination of balloon kyphoplasty and minimal invasive management of thoraco-lumbar fractures in adults. There...
- Evaluation of a medical rehabilitation and independent living program for persons with spinal... Tate, Denise G.; Maynard, Frederick // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jul92, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p25
Describes the evaluation of a collaborative medical rehabilitation and independent living (IL) program that was designed for persons with new traumatic spinal cord injury (SCI) at the University of Michigan Model SCI Care System. Psychological distress post-injury; Program satisfaction; More.
- Undoing paralysis. // Men's Health (10544836);Jan/Feb92, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p13
Discusses that there may be hope for damaged spinal cords with a drug that may make damaged nerves resprout. Now seeking FDA approval.