Loan, Bond Prices Drop Amid Volatility
- Secondary Junk Bond Prices Hit Low. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/15/2011, p4
The article discusses the data released by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Leveraged Commentary and Data, on August 9, 2011, the secondary high yield market hit a 13-month low in bond prices, with the drop in average bid on flow-name junk bonds by 582 basis points (BPS) to 94.6.
- Media bonds 'troubled' Lisanti, Joseph // Variety;3/19/2012, Vol. 426 Issue 6, p2
The article reports that financial services company Standard and Poor has identified media bonds, including those of broadcasters, printing companies, and other media industries as one of the three most troubled kinds of bonds on the market.
- Municipal Bond Prices. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2012, p27
A table is presented that lists the prices of the 40 municipal bonds in the U.S. based on the Standard & Poor's Corp.'s Securities Evaluations Inc. including the Allen County, Ohio hospital, the Long Island Power Authority in New York, and the Atlanta, Georgia airport.
- Detroit Deal Wins Investment Grade Rating. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;7/29/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's assigned an A rating and stable outlook to Detroit's first post-bankruptcy bond sale, set for Aug. 19.
- S&P Removes Negative Watch on Wayne County, Mich. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/3/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34372, p1
Standard & Poor's Tuesday removed Wayne County's junk rating from Creditwatch Negative, the latest piece of good ratings news tied to the county's consent agreement with the state of Michigan.
- BOND NEWS. // Leveraged Finance News;6/10/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 23, p3
The article offers information on issues related to bond as of June 9, 2013. It mentions that price talk on the bond with $1 billion offering of InterGen, a power plant operator based in Burlington, Massachusetts, has already reached 7%. It states that junk bond returns in the U.S. has flattened...
- Buyers Found for Detroit Convention Center Debt. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/242014, Vol. 1 Issue F341, p16
The article reports that the Michigan Finance Authority (MFA) sold 300 million dollars worth of bonds for the Detroit Convention Center on behalf of the Detroit Regional Convention Facility Authority as of late October 2014. The loan was rated AA-minus by Standard & Poor's and A-plus by Fitch...
- Market Post: San Joaquin Regains Marginal Strength. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;10/242014, Vol. 1 Issue F341, p25
The article reports developments in the U.S. bond market as of late October 2014. It claims that both the senior and junior lien San Joaquin Hills bonds rose to the top of the trading lists as it regains strength in secondary trading. The senior lien bonds were rated BBB-minus by both Standard &...
- Upgrade Buoys University of Kentucky Ahead of Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;3/18/2015, p23
The article reports that official of the University of Kentucky (UK) are planning to competitively price 281.7 million U.S. dollars in new and refunding bonds in March 2015 for its successful UK Healthcare system. Developments mentioned include Standard & Poor's raising UK's general receipts...