Superior Energy Prices Upsized HY Deal
- Superior reacts to oil field changes with acquisitions. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/16/97, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1
Reports that Superior Energy Service Incorporated has enlarged its focus to include the oil field service industry since going public. Company's acquisition of five companies since 1995; Remarks by the company's Chief Executive Officer Terry Hall; Details on the company's expansion into the oil...
- Local public company action. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/30/98, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p3
Provides information on Superior Energy of New Orleans, Louisiana. Completion of company's public offering in December 1997; Net proceeds from offering; Assets and net income of company for 1997; Financial details on company.
- Local public company action. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/24/98, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p3
Compares the second quarter-financial performance of New Orleans, Louisiana-based public company Superior Energy Services Inc. in 1997 and 1998. Increase in total assets and net income.
- It's `all you can eat' in deal funding. Rock, Robert H. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p5
Discusses the availability of funds in the mergers and acquisitions (m&a) market. Opening of dealmaking; Trends of bank acquisition financing; Competition among banks for lending acquisition ventures; Entry of investment banks in financing acquisitions; Forecast on the availability of funds for...
- A real-world focus in calculating terminal values. Barnes, Paul F. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on calculating terminal values in mergers and acquisitions. Equation description; Analysis of historical financial results; Rate of return on incremental investment. INSET: Into the future..
- Securitization in the financing of acquisitions. Sargent, Steven A. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on securitization in the financing of acquisitions. Segments in the securitization market; Reduction of interest costs; Basis points; Importance of timing. INSET: Getting company..
- Off to see the wizards. Sparks, Debra // FW;11/7/95, Vol. 164 Issue 23, p28
Offers some insights on the buyers who have offered megabucks for television networks and movie studios. Analysis of the financial position of Edgar Bronfman Jr. of Seagram's with 80 percent of MCA; Walt Disney's Michael Eisner buying Capital Cities/ABC for 19 billion; Time Warner's Gerry...
- Tasty stocks that may be gobbled for yummy gains of 25% or more. Fitch, Malcolm // Money;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p67
Discusses the number of companies in the United States to go through mergers or acquisitions in 1997. Price and earnings rations; Incentives to use stocks for takeovers; Mention of WorldCom and MCI. INSET: Whether the hunter or the hunted, GTE..., by Susan Scherreik..
- Financial facts. Brown, Carolyn M.; Branch, Shelly // Black Enterprise;Apr94, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p46
Discusse how holding stock in a company that is headed for a takeover might actually proved beneficial. Possible tax ramifications.