Concerns over Access to European HY
- Debt engine. Wells, Clive // Lawyer;6/27/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p31
The article discusses the threat of insufficient liquidity in the debt markets to ensure refinancing due to leveraged buyout (LBO) debts from 2011 to 2016 which are estimated to amount to 814 billion U.S. dollars. It notes that refinancing at maturity will be difficult if moneylenders who can...
- France Telecom sells $5.8B in bonds. // RCR Wireless News;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the bond sale by France Telecom company as of January 2003. Companies that participated in the transaction; Importance of the bond sale; Debt payments of the firm due in 2003.
- Crossing the 'Bridge': Risks Aplenty for Intrepid Investors. Kantor, Mark // Directors & Boards;Winter88, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses the risks associated with bridge financing. Bridge financing transactions are considered the riskiest deals in the capital market. According to the author, one has to understand the cash flow of the target company and the ability to reduce its size and its leveraged buyout...
- Banks Hired For Linens, La Quinta LBOs. // Bank Loan Report;11/14/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p3
Reports on recent debt financing transactions in the U.S. Selection of Apollo Management LLP as the debt financier of Bear Stearns Cos. Inc.'s leveraged buyout of Linens 'n Things Inc. Designation of Bank of America Corp., Bear Stearns Cos. Inc., and Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. to arrange the debt...
- One Call Sells $610M in Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/16/2013, p15
The article reports on 610 million U.S. dollars in 8.875 percent senior notes due 2021 which were sold by medical equipment maker One Call Medical. Price talk for the bond deal is between 8.75 and 9 percent. The bond deal is part of a one billion U.S. dollar debt effort to help finance leveraged...
- CORPORATE DEBT: WHAT ARE THE ISSUES AND WHAT ARE THE CHOICES. Clark, Richard A.; Sunley, Emil M. // National Tax Journal;Sep89, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p273
This article focuses on the increasing corporate debt in the U.S. and its economic impact as of September 1989. With increasing frequency, grim tales can be heard regarding the leveraging of corporate U.S., of how a growing corporate debt burden threatens the very foundations of the U.S....
- Crosby Launches $715M Loan Offer. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;11/4/2013, p12
The article reports on the search for a 715 million U.S. dollar credit facility by Crosby Worldwide Ltd. in 2013 to help fund its acquisition in a leveraged buyout by investment firm KKR.
- The Future of Leveraged Lending. Schwimmer, Durant D. // High Yield Report;7/13/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p16
The article presents an outlook for leveraged lending. During the annual Association for Corporate Growth InterGrowth conference held in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2009, the popular topic was the lack of leveraged lending and how it affected all sectors of finance. A moderator cited forecasts that...
- Why 60 is the New 80 for Leveraged Loans. Lewis, Jakema // High Yield Report;1/22/2016, p1
Investors are increasingly valuing below investment grade corporate loans on their books at par, even when the loans change hands in the secondary market at prices once considered distressed.