PXP Prices $1B Upsized HY Deal
- PXP Backs its Purchase of BP Assets. SHEAHAN, MATTHEW // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/29/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p21
The article reports on the three billion U.S. dollar loan secured by Plains Exploration & Production Co. (PXP) to finance its acquisition of oil and gas interests in the Gulf of Mexico from BP PLC. According to Houston, Texas-based PXP, the transaction is valued at 6.1 billion U.S. dollars....
- BOND NEWS. // Leveraged Finance News;4/30/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p3
The offers news briefs related to bonds in the U.S. for 2012. It mentions that Ineos eliminated 1.1 billion tranche of euro-dominated bonds and selling 775 million dollar-dominated tranche initially valued at 1.1 billion dollar. It also cites the sale of 750 million dollar bonds, 60125% senior...
- Editor's Note. Depperschmidt, Nick // Remote Site & Equipment Management;Apr/May2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the transformation of the Plains Exploration company's steam injection and data collection process into a high tech automated system, another on the use of solar powered cameras and wireless radios by the South...
- Atlas, Plains Pump $625M to HY Market. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/21/2011, p16
The article reports that Plains Exploration & Production (PXP) is selling 500 million dollars in senior notes due 2022 and Atlas Pipeline Partners is on the market with 125 million dollar in senior notes due 2018 for a total of 625 million dollars in junk bonds to be priced in drive-bys.
- Plains Exploration & Production Company Anticipates Significant Benefits from Wireless Installation. Lutovsky, Adrienne // Remote Site & Equipment Management;Apr/May2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses the transformation of the steam injection metering and data acquisition systems at Plains Exploration & Production (PXP) Company into an automated process. The steam metering method was manpower intensive, requiring recalibration every three months, and with concerns on...
- Fracking's potential impact on water supply has many Californians worried. Nguyen, Ngoc // Athens News;8/2/2012, p14
The article informs about the hydraulic fracturing's impact on water supply in California. It includes information on the oil company Plains Exploration and Production Co. that incinerated water and chemicals for up to more than one and half miles into the earth to force oil embedded in a...
- Not out of the woods yet. Ostlind, Emilene // High Country News;12/6/2010, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p7
The article focuses on the conservation status of the Noble Basin and Wyoming Range in Wyoming. It mentions the passage of the Wyoming Range Legacy Act by the state's governor and senators and notes the positive reaction of wilderness advocates and conservationists after the legislation....
- Plains E&P to Tap HY Market for $300M. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;3/29/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p9
This article announces the plan of Plains Exploration & Production to issue 300 million U.S. dollars in junk bonds.
- PXP Peddling $300M Junk Bond Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;3/28/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p19
The article deals with the plan of the Houston, Texas-based oil and gas company Plains Exploration & Production to issue 300 million U.S. dollars in junk bonds to repay debt under its revolver.