S&P: Potential Upgrades at a Low Point
- MINNESOTA: Stearns County Rising. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/20/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33252, p7
The article reports on the upgrade of the general obligations rating of Stearns County from Standard & Poor's Corp. due to the firm's strong financial performance in Minnesota.
- Companies Initiate Dividends. // Treasury & Risk;Oct2010, p11
The article reports on U.S. companies' response to investors' search for returns, citing 10 companies in the Standard and Poor's (S&P) 500 who have initiated dividends in 2010.
- S&P: Emerging Markets Issuers Stay Junk-Rated. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/30/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p14
The article focuses on a Standard & Poor's report, which showed an increase in the number of speculative-grade-rated companies in the emerging markets to 54% of the total.
- S&P stands by UK 'AAA' rating. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;7/30/2012, p23
The article reports on the views of credit ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) that Great Britain will keep its AAA rating despite the economy slipping into a double-dip recession. S&P stated that monetary flexibility remains a key credit strength owing to British sterling's role as a...
- LOUISIANA: St. Charles Schools Get AA. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/3/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33227, p9
The article reports on the improved bond rating for St. Charles schools in Louisiana. The financial analyst Standard & Poor's Corp. has raised its ratings for Saint Charles Parish School Board and Saint Charles Parish School District No. 1 into AA from A and AA from A-plus of bonds. The enhanced...
- S&P Eyes Separate Criteria for State Ratings. McGee, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/14/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 18, p12
The article reports on the proposed methodology of Standard & Poor's Corp. which aims to separate and update its criteria for rating of state credits. It discusses the five categories that were used by the analytic framework including budgetary performance, financial management and government...
- Nationwide SVR will curb profits. Holt, Natalie // Mortgage Strategy;8/3/2009, p10
The article reports on the acknowledgment of Nationwide that its low standard valuable rate (SVR) will hit profits in Great Britain. It states that Standard & Poor (S&P) has cited the low base mortgage rate (MBR) of Nationwide as one of the factors that may dent the lender's profit. Moreover, a...
- Sukuk issuance will continue to grow - S&P. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Sep2010, p24
The article reports on the sukuk issuance growth of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S & P) in the second half of 2010 regardless of the issues that could affect future development.
- GCC banks faces low down as economic growth loses pace. WILKINSON, PHILIPPA // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/7/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 40, p13
The article discusses the results of an analysis of the financial performance of banks in Gulf Cooperation Council countries in 2015 which was performed by Standard & Poor's which include the slow growth in income and asset due to low oil prices.