A New Coalition Taking Shape
- Crisis grips economy, democracy. Goretti, Leo // Green Left Weekly;11/16/2011, Issue 903, p16
The article reports on the move of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to conduct a close monitoring and reporting of the Italian government's commitment for fiscal and economic reforms.
- IMF Broadly Supports Modi Govt.'s Economic Reforms. // India -- West;11/27/2015, Vol. 41 Issue 2, pB6
No abstract available.
- Social Movements: Building From the Ground Up. // NACLA Report on the Americas;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p13
Presents the findings of a report on the efforts of minorities to participate in the formal institution of society, politics and the economy in Latin America. Factors that contributed to the rise of neoliberalism in the early 1980s; Impact of the market-based economic reforms adopted by the...
- IMF urges eurozone to make 'bold' reforms to assure markets. // Hill;4/23/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p14
The article reports that the International Monetary Fund has asked the eurozone market to introduce substantial financial reforms to stabilize the economic conditions globally.
- FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR. Roskam, John // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Jul2008, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the perspective of politics and policy and a piece by Tony Barry on the challenges the Liberal Party faces.
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: Cautious Optimism. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;May2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p1
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has given high marks to the Balkan state for maintaining economic growth, which has averaged some 4.5% annually in the last two years, notwithstanding a slowdown to 3.5% in 2003. Bosnia and Herzegovina's authorities will have derived strong encouragement...
- Tripoli Gets A Dressing Down From The IMF. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;May2005, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p6
This article reports that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has delivered its most thorough assessment yet of Libya's economic reform programme, and the news is not good. Economic reform has failed to get much beyond the first hurdle, with Libya's arcane political system stymieing the best...
- THE WAR IN IRAQ AND IMF REFORM. Blomberg, S. Brock // Syracuse Journal of International Law & Commerce;Summer2004, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p261
Presents views on the intervention of the U.S. government on war against terrorism in Iraq and strategies for effective International Monetary Fund (IMF) reform. Discussion on the purpose of the IMF of promoting international monetary cooperation, exchange stability, and orderly exchange...
- Will Madagascar achieve its ambitions? // Market: Africa/Mid-East;Mar2007, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
The article assesses the capability of Madagascar to meet the goals set forth in the Madagascar Action Plan (MAP), a document developed by the Office of the President of Madagascar with the help from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and other non-governmental organizations. The MAP is...