CE To Face Constraints On Regional Assertion
- Defense Spending and Economic Growth in China, India, Nepal and Pakistan: Evidence from Cointegrated Panel Analysis. Pradhan, Rudra Prakash // International Journal of Economics & Finance;Nov2010, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p65
The study investigates the nexus between defense spending and economic growth in China, India, Nepal and Pakistan. The empirical analysis is based on integration and cointegration properties of data over the period 1988-2007. The long run relationship between defense spending, economic growth...
- 6. Z u den Anpassungsprozessen in den Lï¿½ndern des Euroraums mit Refinanzierungsproblemen. // ifo Schnelldienst;4/26/2012, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p58
No abstract available.
- Power Sector Remains Directionless. // Economic Review (05318955);Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 43 Issue 9/10, p13
The article discusses the several challenges associated with the power sector of Pakistan including circular debt which according to a report by journal "Business Recorder," is amount to 375 billion Pakistani rupees. It is mentioned that high inter-circular energy sector debt and subsequently...
- Eurozone: Contagion Risks Persist. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/1/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p17
The article discusses the latest economic developments in the eurozone as of August 2011, including the significant drop in market confidence on the 109 billion euro bailout for Greece and the restructuring of the European Financial Stability Fund.
- EDITORIAL. Gir�n, Alicia // Problemas del Desarrollo. Revista Latinoamericana de Economï¿½a;ene-mar2011, Vol. 42 Issue 164, p3
No abstract available.
- Grains: Laying Out Our Key Views. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/1/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p5
The article discusses the latest developments in the global grain markets as of August 2011. It claims that the markets will be affected by such factors as the eurozone sovereign debt and the impasse over the U.S. debt ceiling. Among the forecasts in the industry are a possible decline in grain...
- Just keep spending -- on guns. GODREJ, DINYAR // New Internationalist;Dec2011, Issue 448, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the issue's theme of international military spending and reports within the issue on topics including the European debt crisis and a report on a Brazilian mother who became emblematic of a mass movement.
- Alaska's Energy Future. Seneca, Anne // Alaska Business Monthly;Nov2014, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p66
The article presents an overview of the energy industry in Alaska and mentions decline in state's position in oil production. Topics discussed include impact of state's vast deposits of natural resources on economic growth, nation's debt and consumer energy costs, increase in crude oil imports...
- Poland: Long-End Sovereign Debt Offers Superior Risk/Reward. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/23/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p14
The article recommends Polish long-end sovereign debts, citing the nation's growing economy and marginalized profits for the mid-term as of August 2010.