CIPP BEST PRACTICES
- Newsline. // Underground Construction;Aug2002, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p7
Presents news briefs about the underground construction industry as of August 2002. Contract for the Mackenzie pipeline gas project; Planning for the Distribution Contractors Association's 8th Annual Safety Congress; Certification of manufacturers of corrugated high density polyethylene pipe. ...
- TCPL will build new lines following approval from NEB. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan94, Vol. 221 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the impending construction of a new pipeline system by TransCanada Pipelines in Canada. Schedule of completion of project.
- Contractor Installs New Gas Line. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul2013, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p68
The article reports that a pipeline contractor was installing a casing and line for the protective system of the bypass natural gas line in Charleston, South Carolina.
- NEW GAS PIPELINE SECT IONS TO BE CONSTRUCTED THIS YEAR. // Macedonian Business Monthly;2016, Vol. 16 Issue 162, p11
The article reports that the construction of new gas pipeline sections such as Skopje-Gostiva section in Macedonia will take place in 2016, and presents the views of Zoran Stavreski, Finance Minister of Macedonia, on the testing of pipes.
- Common Ground Alliance Introduces Field Manual. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2004, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the contents of "CGA Best Practices Version 1.0," a field manual introduced by nonprofit organization Common Ground Alliance to protect underground pipe and cable in the United States. Planning and design; Excavation; Mapping; Public education; Evaluation of accidents.
- El Paso, Xcel Energy develop pipeline and storage infrastructure. // Underground Construction;Mar2007, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the play of WYCO Development LLC to develop and lease new natural gas transportation and storage facilities in Colorado. The company was formed by a joint venture by Colorado Interstate Gas and Xcel Energy. WYCO was formed to develop and lease gas pipeline and compression...
- Unprecedented Opportunities For Pipeline Construction Continue To Grow. Tubb, Rita // Underground Construction;Jan2008, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p16
The article cites the survey which reveals that there are 46,072 miles of oil and gas pipelines for construction or planned in North America. It shows that 21,464 miles of the total figures account for natural gas pipelines in the U.S. that are both under construction and planned. The survey...
- Chapter 20: Materials and Installation Methods for Gas Systems. // Plumber's Handbook;2006, p243
The article discusses the materials and methods to be followed in gas systems installation. It cites steel and wrought iron pipe, brass and copper pipe as well as plastic pipe and fittings as the materials needed for the installation. It says that gas pipes should not be installed underground or...
- Michels Uses HDD Intersection Technology To Tackle Sensitive Water Crossings. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May2008, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p44
The article focuses on the move of Michels Directional Crossings to use horizontal directional drills (HDD) hole intersect technology in the construction of a natural gas pipeline beneath sensitive protected levees in Stockton, California. The author explains that the technology would minimize...