Michels CIPP protects fish hatchery
- Relining Aging Brick Sewer Pipes. // Underground Construction;Jan2007, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p63
The article discusses the rehabilitation process for old brick sewer pipes in Portland, Oregon. After routine inspections on the 94-year old brick sewer pipes in the Hollywood district, the Bureau of Environmental Services decided to rehabilitate the area by cured-in-place process. Nate...
- HDD Solves Crude Line Replacement Across St. Clair River. Wothe, Bob // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 238 Issue 9, p62
The article presents an overview of the integration of horizontal directional drills (HDD) as replacement for the 30-inch Line 6B crude oil pipeline of Enbridge Inc. that spans from Marysville, Michigan to St. Clair Township in Ontario. It notes that the company has hired the services of Michels...
- Peoples Gas replaces pipelines. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;8/17/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p9
The article reports on the People's Gas Accelerated Main Replacement Program (AMRP), a long-term gas mains replacement project by Peoples Gas and contractor, Michels Corp. It states that the project will replace the remaining cast iron natural gas mains in the Bronzeville neighborhood in...
- Trenchless Water Main Rehabilitation In Pasco, WA. // Underground Construction;Jul2012, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p51
The article offers information on the water rehabilitation project undertaken by Michels Pipe Services and Sekisui NordiTube Inc. in Pasco, Washington. It presents views of Michel's onsite supervisor Chris Tavernier who reflects on the adjustment made by Michels Pipe Services, Sekisui NordiTube...
- Sharing the ROW can affect line integrity. Southey, Robert D. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct93, Vol. 220 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on the sharing of right-of-way (ROW) of pipelines with electrical power transmission lines. Occurrence of inductive interference under normal line conditions; Factors affecting magnitude of the conductive interference; Mitigation cost and objectives of creating and applying a...
- Sharing the ROW can affect line integrity. Southey, Robert D.; Dawalibi, Farid P. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar94, Vol. 221 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the use of computer software to protect pipeline integrity from electrical interference resulting from the sharing of right-of-way (ROW) between pipelines and electrical power transmission lines. Inductive interference; Conductive interference; Safe Engineering Services & Technologies...
- Pipe leaks: Solutions & safety. Cuenod, Ronald P. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jan95, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p46
Offers advice on repairing pipelines. Importance of safety and anticipation; Causes of pipe leaks; Repair alternatives.
- Pipeline replacement system... // Power;Jul95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p66
Features a pipeline replacement system from Miller Pipeline Corp.
- Lower O&M costs for concrete pressure pipe. // Underground Construction;May98, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p5
Reports that the cost of operations and maintenance for concrete pressure pipeline is half of ductile iron pipe and one third of what it costs to maintain cast iron pipe or steel pipe. Average cost of maintenance for the period of 1991 to 1995.