Veteran pipeline handlers weigh in on Vacuworx
- VACUWORXÂ®. // Underground Construction;Oct2015, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p60
The article evaluates the Vacuworx Lifting Systems.
- Vacuum Lifters Diversify. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Aug2010, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the importance of vacuum lifting equipment to the construction jobs in the U.S. It states that vacuum lifter is very important because it can unload and position most types of pipes used on underground utility construction projects. Shawn Lowman, Vacuworx director of sales...
- UCT Showcases Innovations In Technology. // Underground Construction;Mar2009, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p24
The article evaluates several underground construction equipment including the lighter vacuum lifter from Vacuworx International company, the vLocPro digital line locator from Vivax Corp., and the H100 Flex Seal System from Cosmic TopHat company.
- PEAK EFFICIENCY. // MHD Supply Chain Solutions;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p42
The article focuses on the significance of vacuum lifting system on the efficiency of material handling procedures in supply chain management. Topics discussed include its advantages including cost efficiency, manpower saving, and time efficiency, the features of the system which includes its...
- Vacuum lifting and transporting device. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p70
Features the Vaculift vacuum lifting and transporting device offered by Vacuum Technology Ltd. Product features; Benefits; Contact information.
- Mini Skid Steers Reduce Labor Costs. Ehm, Greg // Construction Bulletin;4/7/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 14, p103
The article explores the labor cost benefits of landscape contractors from using mini skid steers in their operations. Jon Kuyers, a utility product segment manager, said that the reason of the popularity of mini skid steers in the landscape industry is the lack of its available labor. He adds...
- Cut Production Costs, Not Value: Increase Bottom Line or Pass it Along. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/30/2009, Vol. 236 Issue 13, p1
The article offers information on several approach to keep the costs of heating and ventilation products down without cutting their value. One is keeping the labor costs down by establishing a delivery system for ductwork. Another is to keep a handle on material costs by using the same delivery...
- Return to self employment to keep firms in business. // Contract Journal;7/30/2008, Vol. 444 Issue 6686, p21
The article reports on the strategy of most contractors in Great Britain to get directly employed to their company in order to cut labour costs by up to 25%. This is a solution they think would help to their cash-starved business against the construction downturn. Companies like Hudson employ...
- Estimating Projects and Fixing Costs. WARD, HARRY O. // Site Prep;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p26
The author discusses an approach towards estimating construction projects and fixing costs with the rise of the industry throughout the U.S. He recommends contractors to consider the time one will be on site, how many man-days will staff be there, and what equipment will one deploy and for how...