Gas Industry Associations Investigate Safety Models
- Dave McCurdy Brings Strong Credentials To AGA. Share, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 238 Issue 12, p24
An interview with Dave McCurdy, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the American Gas Association (AGA), is presented. McCurdy comments on the safety of the U.S. pipeline industry following the Allentown, Pennsylvania explosion that killed five person. He mentions the new 2011 Policy...
- New AGA Chairman Highlights Pipe Safety, Natural Gas Vehicles. // Energy Daily;12/6/2010, Issue 230, p4
The article reports on the announcement of John Somerhalder, chairman of the American Gas Association (AGA), that natural gas distributors will prioritize pipeline safety in 2011 in light of the failure of a Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PG&E) pipeline in September 2010. He also said that AGA will...
- Blast at Ukraine gas pipeline said to be due to bomb, security increased. // World Energy News;6/18/2014, p3
The article reports that Ukraine's government has ordered security to be increased on the gas pipeline network in the country for prevention of sabotage.
- Better Diagnostics. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep2015, Vol. 242 Issue 9, p24
The article offers suggestion to decrease gas pipeline incidents include diagnosing problems before they happen, creating inline crack detection tool, hydro testing the pipelines, free online training programs to promote local emergency responses.
- Light Guards Pipelines. Wilson, Jim; Coledan, Stefano; Deem, Sarah; Fillon, Mike; Gourley, Scott // Popular Mechanics;Apr2002, Vol. 179 Issue 4, p21
Reports on the natural gas pipeline monitoring system being developed by the U.S. Department of Energy with researchers from the natural gas industry. Features of the system; Advantages of the system.
- Meetings. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2009, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p83
A calendar of events in Houston, Texas from August to October 2009 is presented including the Defect Assessment in Pipelines Course, Pigging and In-Line Inspection Course and Stress Corrosion Cracking in Pipelines Course.
- How does the PUCO monitor pipeline safety? // Farm & Dairy;12/11/2014, Vol. 101 Issue 12, Special section p6
The article offers information on rules and regulations used by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) to monitor natural gas pipeline system safety and actions taken by PUCO to increase natural gas pipeline safety.
- Growing by Sharing. Parker, David N. // American Gas;Apr2007, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p4
The author reflects on the strategies of Thomas Barrett of the U.S. Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) for attaining his goals for the PHMSA. He notes that one of Barrett's strategies is the enterprise approach to the safety and reliability of the pipeline delivery infrastructure...
- Expo Showcase Strong Pipeline Security. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 230 Issue 7, p12
Highlights the Pipeline Safety & Security Expo to evaluate industry's security preparedness in Washington, D.C. Discussion of Association of Oil Pipelines and other participants of the steps taken by the liquid pipeline industry; Display of technologies, products and measures that can be used...