St. Louis To Pay $4.7B For Sewer Upgrades
- St. Louis Sewer District offers basement flood relief. Bandle, Scott // West County Journal;5/8/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 19, pA5
The article reports that Metropolitan St. Louise Sewer District (MSD), Missouri officials have decided to provide basement flood relief to the residents by checking for downspouts on the roofs and basement sump pump; part of the Get the Rain Out program as a start to the MSD's Project Clear.
- St. Louis Sewer District Submits $945M Bond Plan for Capital Projects. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/6/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33527, p27
The article reports on the move of the Metropolitan Saint Louis Sewer District to ask voters for authority to issue 945 million dollars of bonds to fund capital projects and to settle a lawsuit filed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Saint Louis, Missouri. The lawsuit was filed for...
- EPA funds $i.6B to Sacramento wastewater treatment plant. // Underground Construction;Jul2015, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that Jared Blumenfeld, Regional Administrator at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), has announced 1.6 billion dollars in Clean Water Act State Revolving Funds to upgrade the Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant in Sacramento, California.
- Wireless Network Devices Aid Restoration Project. // WaterWorld;Dec2010, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p14
The article focuses on the restoration of the wastewater treatment plant in Clarksville, Tennessee. It highlights the aiding of the Allied Technical Services/Allied Pump Rentals in restoring Clarksville's treatment plant, installing temporary primary sludge conditioning tank and pumps to allow...
- Sewer Deadline Delayed. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/17/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33418, p9
The article offers information on the consent decree, that would extend the deadline to develop a plant to improve the sewer systems of Evansville, Indiana, issued by federal and state environmental regulators.
- San Diego To Spend $1 Billion On Improvements Over Six Years. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/20/2007, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the plan by the city government of San Diego, California to upgrade the city's sewer system. The city expects to spend $1 billion over the next six years to upgrade its sewer system under a consent decree with federal agencies that was finalized on July 31, 2007. According...
- EPA Forces Baton Rouge To Make Sewer Construction Investments. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Jan2002, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency consent decree with Baton Rouge, Louisiana over a faulty sewer system. Amount committed by the city of Baton Rouge for underground construction efforts in the city; Provisions under the consent agreement; Problem facing the city of Baton Rouge...
- Notice of Lodging of Consent Decree Under the Clean Water Act. Maher Jr., Robert E. // Federal Register;10/4/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 192, p61384
The article announces a notice of a proposed Consent Decree lodged with the U.S. was lodged with the U. S. District Court for the Western District of Washington under the Clean Water Act on violations of conditions and limitations by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA's) regulations.
- Senator Queries Whitman on Anniston Case. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;5/8/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 19, p14
Deals with the questioning of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Christine Todd Whitman by Senator Barbara Mikulski regarding the agency's process for approving a consent decree with chemical firm Solutia Inc. Claims of Mikulski against the agency; Reason for the...