Army's Guardian Program Surveying Market for CBRN Detection Equipment
- US ARMY ISSUES RFI FOR MOBILE EW SYSTEMS. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2013, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p24
The article reports on the market survey conducted by Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland-based U.S. Army Contracting Command to determine potentials for fielding and integration of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) Mobile Heavy Duty Tactical Electronic Warfare (EW) system.
- Army Seeks Sources for CBRNE Equipment for National Guard CSTs. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/26/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p27
The article reports on a market survey being conducted by the U.S. Army Joint Product Manager for Consequence Management aimed at identifying manufacturers capable of providing chemical, biological and radiological sampling, detection, and identification equipment as well as personal protection...
- US ARMY PLANS UNMANNED SIGINT CAPABILITY. Goodman, G. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov2010, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p18
The article announces a sources sought solicitation released by the U.S. Army to industry for a market survey to identify companies that are qualified to conduct engineering and manufacturing development (EMD) for its planned Tactical Signals-Intelligence (SIGINT) Payload (TSP).
- Radar and metal detection join forces in new reliable mine-detection system . McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul2001, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p1
Reports the development of a landmine detector by CyTerra Corp. in Waltham, Massachusetts. Usability of the detector in the United States army; Capabilities of the detector; Types of sensor technologies used.
- Guardrail Common Sensor Systems. Knarr Jr., William M. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Apr-Jun2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p64
Reports that the Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS) System 3 is one of the United States Army software systems selected for national-tactical integration efforts with the National Security Agency. Precision geolocation capabilities of the GRCS System 3; Reconnaissance applications of the Guardrail...
- POTENTIAL NEW PROPHET CONTROL PRODUCTION CONTRACT. Goodman, G. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2008, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p15
The article deals with the decision of the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Life-Cycle Management Command Acquisition Center in New Jersey to release a market survey request for information from potential suppliers of Prophet Control systems in October 2008. It notes that the Army is looking...
- Army Seeks Sources For Weapon Location Sensor. // Defense Daily;7/11/2007, Vol. 235 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Army Program Manager Radars wants sources to develop a lightweight, man-portable weapon location sensor that provides 360-degree surveillance. The government anticipates a cost reimbursement contract not exceeding $30 million for a 12-month developmental effort...
- Do the wipe test. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun95, Issue 511, p58
Features a maintenance activity for M8A1 detector units. Testing for radioactive source leakage through wipe testing; Schedule of wipe tests on labels.
- Army kicks off project to fit helmet-mounted displays with multispectral imagers. Keller, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p25
The article focuses on the four-year project of the U.S. Army, called Advanced Soldier Mobility Sensor Army Technology Objective Demonstration, to enable soldiers to navigate and rapidly engage targets in total darkness and in the presence of battlefield obscurants by displaying a fused image...