DHS S&T Issues RFI for Handheld Detectors to do AIT Alarm Resolution
- DHS Funding For Airport Screening Systems. // Airport Security Report;10/6/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p2
The article reports that advanced technology (AT) X-ray units and inline baggage screening systems will be installed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at airports through a 98 million dollar funding in the U.S.
- Homeland Security On Track For Air-bound Cargo Screening. // AirGuide Online.com;3/8/2010, p1
The article reports on the evaluation of the Department of Homeland Security on its air-bound cargo screening security measures in preparation of its 2010 fiscal budget in the U.S.
- DHS IG Sees Minimal Threat To Security From General Aviation. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;6/19/2009, Vol. 242 Issue 56, p6
The article focuses on a U.S. report, which states that general aviation aircraft represents limited and mostly hypothetical threats to security. It also found that steps that have been taken by airports to improve security related to general aviation are positive and effective. The report was...
- U.S. VISIT 10-Print Pilot Going Well, Accenture Says. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;2/26/2008, Vol. 237 Issue 37, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) ongoing introduction of an upgrade from two to 10-fingerprint collection for foreigners arriving at U.S. airports as part of the U.S. VISIT program is proceeding well, according to the program manager for the industry team...
- Recommendations for Executive Action. // GAO Reports;10/31/2011, p32
The article focuses on the recommendations provided by the secretary of Homeland Security to the assistant secretary for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Biometric Airport and Seaport Exit Procedures Opposed. // Airport Security Report;5/7/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p5
The article considers the reaction of the airline industry to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) notice of proposed rulemaking that would establish biometric exit procedures at all U.S airports and seaports of departure. The proposed rule would require commercial air carriers and...
- Aviation Security Enhancements in Place; New Details on Liquid Explosives Plot. // Airport Security Report;5/7/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p11
The article looks at the improvements made by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to strengthen aviation security in the country. Among the improvements, DHS is providing airlines more flexibility to allow passengers to check in remotely who have been unable to do so because they have...
- DHS Lobbies for Aviation Security. // Airport Security Report;3/10/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), met airport industry officials to obtain their support for the initiatives proposed by U.S. President Barack Obama for aviation security. She talked about the three main aviation security...
- 28 U.S. Airports Gain AIT Screening Gear. // Airport Security Report;7/28/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p7
The article reports that the deployment of Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) security systems to 28 U.S. airports has been announced by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). These airports include Tampa International Airport. According to the department, factors that include airport...