The hunt for revenue
- Johnson Co. hopes fees boost revenue. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/4/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p35A
The article reports that officials of Johnson County, Indiana are considering charging a 20 dollars fee whenever the Department of Sheriff calls tow trucks for vehicles involved in crashes, abandoned or seized as evidence.
- LAST WEEK IN WORDS. // American Banker;10/4/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 152, p2
Quotations on banking and the financial services industry are presented from persons including college teacher Anthony Plath, financial services industry executive Mike Moebs and financial services industry executive John Koelmel.
- ATM fees could be big mistake. // Crain's Detroit Business;05/26/97, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p6
No abstract available.
- Charges again in the spotlight. Timm, Stephen // Finance Week;9/15/2003, p81
Examines bank charges in South Africa. Comparison of bank charges among developing countries; Electronic transaction charges; Promotion of the use of bank accounts.
- Cut Capital Standards, Cut Red Ink. // Credit Union Journal;4/27/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p26
The article reports on the issue concerning reducing capital standards of credit unions in the U.S. According to Mike Moebs of Moebs Services, the number of natural-person credit union needing assistance by 1,000 will be reduced if the capital standards will be cut to three percent. It also...
- As industry Collects Billions, Consumers Cry Foul. Cannad, Lee // U.S. Banker;May2005, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p50
The article reports that overdraft protection has become a hotly contested issue, and while banks are expected to begin communicating their policies on fees more clearly in the wake of joint guidance published in February 2005 by regulators. Fees stemming from overdraft protection and...
- The ATM battle - is it really over? Essex, William // New Statesman;09/18/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4504, pxvi
Talks about the issue of automated teller machine (ATM) charges in Great Britain. Information on Link, a system which connects all the banks' network into one nationwide network in the country; Concept of ATM; Compromise agreed upon by members of Link.
- YOUR GUIDE TO THE MONEY TABLES. // Money (14446219);Feb2004, Issue 2, p86
Presents a tabular guide to interest rates and fees relating to banking accounts in Australia as of January 12, 2004.
- Reading the Fee Leaves. Monahan, Julie // America's Community Banker;Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on rising bank fees and its impact on customers in the United States. Factors that should be considered when charging user fees; Setting fees as a business development strategy; Limitations in charging user fees; Importance of customer relationships. INSETS: Community Banks Fight ATM...