Membrane Phospholipid Reorganization Differentially Regulates Metallothionein and Heme Oxygenase by Hemeï¿½Hemopexin
- heme oxygenase. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1037
A definition of the term "heme oxygenase," which refers to an enzyme that cleaves the ring structure of heme, releasing biliverdin, carbon monoxide, and iron, is presented.
- Heme oxygenase-1 in renal injury: conclusions of studies in humans and animal models. Kanwar, Yashpal S.; Kanwar, Y S // Kidney International;Jan2001, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p378
Editorial. Comments on the catabolism of heme to biliverdin by heme oxygenase. Identification on three isoenzymes of heme oxygenase; Expression of HO-1 and ferritin; Focus on monocyte chemoattractant peptide.
- HO-1 Attenuates Hypertension-Induced Inflammation/Oxidative Stress: Support From Bartter's/Gitelman's Patients. Cal&ò, Lorenzo A.; Fusaro, Maria; Davis, Paul A. // American Journal of Hypertension;Sep2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p936
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Celastrol Attenuates Hypertension-Induced Inflammation and Oxidative Stress in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells via Induction of Heme Oxygenase-1," by X. Yu and colleagues in the 2010 issue.
- The Biology of Bilirubin Production. Dennery, Phyllis A; Weng, Yi-Hao; Stevenson, David K; Yang, Guang // Journal of Perinatology;Dec2001 Supplement 1, Vol. 21 Issue 8, pS17
Heme oxygenase (HO), the rate-limiting enzyme in bilirubin production, has been identified from the late 1960s. This enzyme has been shown to have many other roles in recent years. The inducible form is regulated by oxidative stress, inflammation, and heavy metals, among others, and is...
- In Vivo Patterns of Heme Oxygenase-1 Transcription. Contag, Christopher H; Stevenson, David K // Journal of Perinatology;Dec2001 Supplement 1, Vol. 21 Issue 8, pS119
Gene fusions composed of specific promoters and bioluminescent reporter genes can be used to assess gene expression patterns using whole -- body imaging in living animal models. A transgenic mouse model was developed using the regulatory elements of the heme oxygenase promoter to drive...
- Crystal structure of human heme oxygenase-1. Schuller, David J.; Wilks, Angela; Ortiz de Montellano, Paul R.; Poulos, Thomas L. // Nature Structural Biology;Sep99, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p860
Heme oxygenase catalyzes the first step in the oxidative degradation of heme. The crystal structure of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) reported here reveals a novel helical fold with the heme sandwiched between two helices. The proximal helix provides a heme iron ligand, His 25. Conserved glycines in...
- Heme oxygenase is induced in nephrotoxic nephritis and hemin, a stimulator or heme oxygenase synthesis, ameliorates disease. Moseley, Karen; Wembridge, David E.; Cattell, Victoria; Cook, H. Terence // Kidney International;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p672
Focuses on the effects of Heme oxygenase induced in nephrotoxic nephritis in the heme oxygenase synthesis. Induction of heme oxygenase protective effects in the inflammation; Presence of HNTN and ANTN in cells morphology of macrophages; Mechanism of HO-1 ameliorates diseases.
- Hardyâ€“Weinberg equilibrium and control subjects. Saadat, M // Kidney International;Oct2006, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p1374
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Length Polymorphism in Heme Oxygenase-1 is Associated With Arteriovenous Fistula Patency in Hemodialysis Patients," by C.C. Lin and colleagues in the 2006 issue.
- Angiotensin II induces renal oxidant stress in vivo and heme oxygenase-1 in vivo and in vitro. Haugen, Eric N.; Croatt, Anthony J.; Nath, Karl A.; Haugen, E N; Croatt, A J; Nath, K A // Kidney International;Jul2000, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p144
Background:Angiotensin II is strongly incriminated in progressive renal injury. There is recent evidence that angiotensin II induces oxidative stress in vitro. We examined the capacity of angiotensin II to induce oxidative stress in vivo and the functional significance of such...