CEE: Flash Q3 GDP Estimates Conirm Economic Slowdown
- External Sector: Outlook. // Italy Country Monitor;Mar2012, p20
The article reports on the outlook for Italy's external sector in 2012-2013. It projects that the country's exports will experience a struggle in 2012 due to the fragile domestic demand, heightened financial uncertainty caused by the Eurozone sovereign debt crisis, and restrictive fiscal policy....
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Outlook. // Slovenia Country Monitor;Mar2012, p8
The article forecasts the developments on the economic growth of capital investment in the Slovene economy. It mentions that Slovenia's capital investment environment remains weak due to the continued Eurozone debt problems and the undermined financial sector. Also, investment activity remain...
- European forecast dims. // Estates Gazette;5/26/2012, Issue 1221, p6
The article focuses on European forecast in 2011. According to DTZ, European investment volumes fell by 30% due to banking and sovereign debt crisis. It states that the volumes stayed relatively stable quarter-on-quarter in Great Britain with 8.9 billion euros, and the Nordic markets have...
- Severe eurozone recession is unlikely, says LGIM economist. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;7/5/2012, p12
The article discusses the business survey conducted by Legal & General Investment Management Ltd. Suggeating that there will no severa recession in eurozone in 2013 and 2014. According to Hetal Mehta, economist at the company, although the euro area debt crisis is a major concern, global...
- Chapter 4.1: Country Summaries. // East Caribbean Business Forecast Report;Q2 2012, Issue 2, p49
The article forecasts the economic activity of Antigua and Barbuda, in which it is forecasted that 2012 will be a better year for the island's hard economy, and that it will take time before the island can return to pre-crisis growth levels as the eurozone's growth remain weak.
- Global economy weighs heavy on California exports. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/17/2012, p8
The article discusses a report by consulting firm Beacon Economics which shows California's July 2012 exports value dipping to 13.09 billion U.S. dollars from July 2011's 13.15 billion U.S. dollars, attributing the slowdown to Europe's debt crisis and the slowing growth in Mexico and China.
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Outlook. // Czech Republic Country Monitor;Jun2012, p9
The article presents forecast for capital investment for the Czech Republic for the year 2012, according to which gross fixed investment is projected to rise in 2012, but there is also a risk of a further slowdown in 2012, as the economy is hit by the ongoing Eurozone debt crisis.
- External Sector: Outlook. // Germany Country Monitor;Mar2012, p20
The article forecasts the condition of Germany's external sector as of March 2012. It states that Germany will recover from the Eurozone debt crisis by mid-2012 as export orders sub-index of the German purchasing managers' index has been rebounding since December 2011. It adds that the trade...
- Major Downside Risks For Stocks. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;May2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the economic outlook in the Philippines in 2012. It is critical on the overvaluation of the Philippines Composite Index (PCOMP) which can lead to the declination of global sentiment trend. It forecasts the potential occurrence of liquidity in the country due to the...