Wall Street's New Nightmare
- BofA Pays Record $32 Million in Robocall Class Action. // Pratt's Mortgage Compliance Letter;Oct2014, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the 32 million dollars that will be paid by the Bank of America (BofA) to settle a class action alleging that unauthorized calls or text messages were made to their cellular telephones seeking to collect payment of overdue credit card accounts and residential mortgage loans.
- What Bank of America Actually Did Wrong. Sinnock, Bonnie // American Banker;8/29/2014, Vol. 179 Issue F333, p12
The article discusses admissions of wrongdoing related to mortgage underwriting at the Merrill Lynch and Countrywide units of Bank of America that prompted the latter to enter into a multi-billion settlement with the U.S. Justice Department. Details are presented on how both, particularly...
- Moynihan's Next Act: Getting BofA Back to Bread & Butter Business. Berry, Kate // Financial-planning.com;9/22/2014, p3
The article looks into the challenge facing Bank of America (BofA) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Brian Moynihan to lead the bank back to growth after its nearly 17 billion dollar settlement with the U.S. Justice Department. Insights from analysts on the bank's legacy mortgage problems and its...
- Bank of America's new division. // Mortgage Banking;Apr94, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p7
Reports on Bank of America's creation of a new division to originate commercial real estate mortgages in California. Services and products offered by the Commercial Mortgage Services unit.
- B of A Says It Will Lend $30B To Low-Income Homebuyers. WEIL, DAN // American Banker;8/11/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 153, p4
Reports on the plans by Bank of America to approve mortgage loans to low-income homebuyers. Waiver of down payment, closing costs and application fees for the mortgage loans; Decision as part of the bank's 10-year community development lending commitment.
- Rising Rates Prompt B of A to Slash 720 Jobs . HABAL, HALA; HOCHSTEIN, MARC // American Banker;9/7/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 171, p12
Reports on the implementation of job cuts at Bank of America Mortgage Co. as rising rates continue to take a toll on the home loan business. Estimated number of jobs that will be eliminated; Prediction of a decline in mortgage lending before the end of 1999; Widening of the difference in yields...
- Dealing With Delays. // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Mar2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on Georgia couple Ken and Meredith Williams going public with a campaign to get Bank of America to pick up the pace on approving their home loan application.
- Bank of America Committed to Grow Mortgage Lending Channels. // National Mortgage News;10/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the commitment of Bank of America (BoA) Corp. to grow its retail and wholesale mortgage lending channels in the year 2002. Anticipation of BoA for its retail mortgage; Plans of BoA for the wholesale channels; Reason for the exit of BoA from the correspondent lending; Comparison of...
- Three Families Sue BOA Over Home Loans. Harris, Linda // State Journal (WV);8/8/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p13
The article reports that the Bank of America Corp. (BOA) has been sued for allegations over home loans in the U.S.