A Business of Georges and "Sirs"
- Muthoot's Pot of Gold. RAI, SARITHA // Forbes Asia;Nov2011, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p50
The article offers information on Muthoot Finance, India's leading provider of gold loans. It is said that gold constitute 32% of demand and 18,000 tons of supply in India and Indians continue to be the world's biggest buyers and hoarders of gold. Muthoot Finance, flagship of the Muthoot Group,...
- A STUDY ON THE ATTITUDE TOWARDS GOLD LOAN. NAIR, GEETHA G.; DAVY, JANCY // Facts For You;Apr2014, p32
The article reports on the gold loan market in India. Topics discussed include the increasing value of gold, the popularity of taking loans against gold, and India as one of the biggest markets for gold and gold loans. Also discussed is the increasing trend of taking personal loans against gold...
- INDIAN CONSUMERS TOWARDS GOLD LOAN MARKET. VENKATESWARAN, N. // Indian Streams Research Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 2 Issue 11, Special section p1
This paper covers the Gold Loan Market among consumers in India. It covers Gold Loan as a product, elucidates its features, looks at the industry trends, market size, market players and their revenues and explains the opportunities and challenges existing in the sector . Loans against Gold are...
- GemsN'Loans Sees Value In Recycling Gold. Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p11
The article reports on the revelation of "Earthtimes.org," an online magazine, that GemsN'Loans claims to have become one of the largest gold recyclers in Oceanside, California. GemsN'Loans is a locally based chain of pawnbrokers which is celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2008. The firm has...
- GOLD: Investor interest keeps demand high. // BusinessToday;Dec2016, Issue 217, p1
The article reports that the year 2016 has seen a global demand of gold exceptional growth. The demand was driven by gold as investments increasing its price which in turn led to a decline in demand for gold jewellery that fell 14 percent in the first half of 2016. The rise in gold started at...
- Mistakes to avoid when borrowing money from family. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/6/2013, Issue 324698, p26
The article argues on the six major mistakes to avoid when borrowing money from family for funding which include the failure to make an investment, downplaying the risk, and operating on a handshake agreement.
- Gilt trip. // New Orleans Magazine;Dec96, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p63
Presents a sample of gold jewelry available in New Orleans, Louisiana. Henry Dunay Praslin collection from Alders; Christian LaCroix's stretch-lace gown; Dixon & Dixon's 18-karat-gold-and-diamond suite; Retro-modern cocktail ring circa 1940 in tri-color 14-karat gold, ruby diamond and 42-carat...
- Baubles, bangles... O'Brien, Brian // Canadian Banker;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p27
Reports on the increase in demand for gold used to fabricate jewelry. Excess in newly minted supplies in the Western world; Record high achieved by gold jewelry fabrication; Rise in sales of gold jewelry to consumers.
- Gold fever. // Chain Store Age;Aug96, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p38
Reports on statistics from the World Gold Council which found an increase in gold jewelry sales in the first quarter of 1996. Most popular jewelry pieces.