Carbon emissions hit all-time high
- TEST YOURSELF. // Current Events;10/29/2007, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p8
The article presents several quizzes including one on analysis of graph showing carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuel use, another related to meanings of the given emphasized words and the other having questions based on the stories published in this issue.
- Carbon dioxide emissions among highest in world. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;9/26/2003, p6
Reports that carbon dioxide emissions in Canada is the highest in the world. Information on the production of carbon dioxide on a per capita basis in the nation; Contribution of the manufacturing sector to the production of carbon dioxide in the nation; Assessment of the ratio of economic...
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions in U.S. Increased in 2010. // State Journal (WV);8/26/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p13
The article reports on the increase in carbon dioxide emissions in the U.S.
- India Sets Reduction Target on Carbon Emissions. GEORGE, NIRMALA // India -- West;2/5/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 11, pA37
The article reports on the plan of India to decrease carbon emissions by 20-25 percent in 2020.
- Some 500 EU cities pledge to cut CO2 emissions. // Chemical Business;May2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p59
The article reports on the commitment of 500 European Union cities to reduce their carbon dioxide emissions.
- AUSTRALIA'S CHEMICAL INDUSTRY BALKS AT CARBON TAX PROPOSALS. // Chemical Week;7/18/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 18, p5
The article reports on the planned taxation of Australia's 500 largest emitters of carbon dioxide (CO2) at 23 Australian dollars/metric ton of CO2 in July 2011, and the issues to be raised by plastics and chemical producers on transitional industry assistance.
- Electric vehicles are key to hitting targets. Wood, Janet // Utility Week;11/27/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p4
The article highlights a study by the engineering firm Parsons Brinckerhoff which states that Great Britain can meet its carbon emissions mitigation target of 80 percent by 2050, but only if all possible measures are introduced including the use of electric vehicles.
- news. // Vegetarian Times;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 360, p18
This section offers news briefs concerning the discipline of vegetarianism as of July 2008. The oldest tree was discovered in the Dalarna province of Sweden. The Commission for Environmental Cooperation revealed the percentage of carbon dioxide North America releases into the atmosphere due to...
- "Put it on my carbon tab" Kane, Hal // World Watch;May/Jun1993, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p38
No abstract available.