Oregon To Administer Standardized State Tests On Computers
- Testing 1,2,3... Salpeter, Judy; Foster, Kristin // Technology & Learning;Jun2000, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p36
Presents a variety of online resources on educational tests and measurements. Testing terminology; Other forms of testing and practice; Curriculum alignment/standards; Advocacy groups; Resources for learning more.
- Assessment-related Web sites offer something for everyone. Simkins, Michael // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Jan98, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p36
Presents Web sites about educational assessment in the United States. Features of the site by ERIC Clearinghouse of Assessment and Evaluation; Features of the site by the National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards and Student Testing; Features of the National Assessment of...
- Finding alternative assessment resources on the Web. Butts, Peter // Technology Connection;Dec97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p10
Introduces several alternative student assessment resources on the World Wide Web. Includes ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation; Portfolio Assessment--ERIC citations on Portfolio Assessment; Portfolio News; Assessment: A Window to Learning; ACAT--Authentic Convergence Assessment...
- Interactive testing site provides online practice. // T H E Journal;Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p87
Provides information on the Web site, Test.com. Description of the testing program that the site offers; Comments from Micki Susemihl of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on the benefits of using the site.
- On the web. // Gifted Child Today Magazine;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
Compiles brief information on computer network resources on education. Features of the College and Career Planning web site; Service offered by the Educational Testing Service website; Activities included in the Mathmania site.
- A Program That Scores Essays Electronically. // Community College Week;09/04/2000 Fall Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on the WritePlacer Plus, a computer program developed by Vantage Learning for scoring of essays. Benefits of the program to faculty; How the program works; Reliability of scoring; Importance of the program in English programs.
- NETLINES. Brown, Harry // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/3/2001, Vol. 323 Issue 7320, p1075
Reviews several websites focusing on medical topics. Computer based presentations for healthcare professionals and patients from Powerconsults; Advice for the MRCPsych medical test at www.superego-cafe.com; New Zealand site discussing drug issues; Others.
- Edutest offers math, language arts tests for free over the... // Electronic Education Report;12/17/97, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p7
Announces that K-12 test provider Edutest is offering its math and language arts test for free to individual users over the Internet. How to have a sample of Edutest's basic skills test; Expected sales of the Edutest by the end of 1998; Impact of the standardized testing debate.
- Internet-based testing: A vision or reality? Bicanich, Eleanor; Slivinski, Thomas // T H E Journal;Sep97, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p61
Describes the results of a pilot project conducted in Pennsylvania schools to apply the Internet approach to end-of-course testing for vocational-technical programs. Participation of students from vocational-technical institutions across the state; Internet testing process; Student preference...