'We were suckered on Portcullis contract,' says MP
- Hopkins for marina. // Building Design;3/22/2002, Issue 1525, p5
Reports on the selection of Michael Hopkins & Partners as the contractor for the renovation of Brighton Marina in Brighton, England. Rival companies that competed for the contract; Information on the marina.
- Look and Listen. Yablonski, Alexa // Interior Design;Jul2002, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p142
Features the flooring designs of the Parliamentary Building in London, England. Designs contributed by the Michael Hopkins and Partners company; Use of rugs; Description on the interior decoration.
- Portcullis fees 'nearly double' Gates, Charlie // Building Design;4/19/2002, Issue 1529, p2
Reports on the damages found on the Porticullis House office building for the Members of the Parliament of Great Britain, which was designed by architects from the firm Michael Hopkins & Partners. Amount of professional fee; Examples of errors and defects; Discussion on the difference between...
- White oak project wins Premier award. // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p26
Discloses that Michael Hopkins and Partners is the recipient of the Premier Major Project Award of the 1997 Carpenters' Awards.
- Hastings team picked. // Building Design;9/5/2003, Issue 1592, p4
Reports on the selection of Michael Hopkins & Partners, Bill Dunster Architects and Clague to develop Hastings Town Center Station Plaza in England.
- New Manchester Art Gallery signs. Balmond, Sarah // Design Week;2/17/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the implementation of strategy to improve communication and wayfinding throughout the premises by the Manchester Art Gallery in Manchester, England. Appointment of Holmes Wood company to carry out the task; Revision of the signage for both interior and exterior of the gallery;...
- A curve of different type. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/4/95, Vol. 235 Issue 23, p62
Editorial. Comments on the problems encountered by a United States architectural firm while working on a project in Indonesia. Importance on the need to be flexible.
- Foreign affairs. A.B. // Architectural Record;Jul1996, Vol. 184 Issue 7, p29
Reports that A.J. Diamond, Donald Schmitt & Co. and Kolker, Kolker, Epstein Architects have won a competition for the Israeli Foreign Ministry building in Jerusalem.
- June construction contracts down 58 percent in CNY. // Business Journal (Central New York);07/27/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p12
Reports the decline in the number of contracts for future construction in the metropolitan area of Syracuse, New York in June 2001. Percentage of decline in nonresidential and residential construction contracts; Comparison of total building contracts in 2000 and 2001.