The Impact of Education on Total Fertility Rate in Pakistan (1981-2008)
- In Pakistan, a beardless man doesn't fit in. Marquand, Robert // Christian Science Monitor;4/21/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 105, p1
Focuses on the middle class cultural tensions in Pakistan as of April, 2000.
- Disorder in Karachi. van de Berg, Marsha // Freedom Review;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p39
Focuses on sectarian, ethnic and racial conflicts in Karachi, Pakistan. Population; Political developments; Muhajirs' allegations against the government; Violations of the United Nations Declaration on the Duties of Physicians to Persons in Detension; Extortion schemes. INSET: Pakistan and...
- Country profile. del Nevo, Maria // New Internationalist;Sep95, Issue 271, p36
Presents a social profile of Pakistan. Political leadership; Economy; Population; Health; Income distribution; Position of women in society; Literacy.
- Hazara community protests killings. // Green Left Weekly;2/11/2009, Issue 782, p4
The article reports on the February 3, 2009 protest by the Australian Hazara community in Canberra on the continued Hazara people killings in Pakistan by Taliban and Al-Quaida-backed extremists.
- Pakistan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/16/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 33, p27
Updates on social and political issues concerning Pakistan as of August 16, 1996. Government's deal with the Ukraine to purchase Russian-built tanks; Results of Pakistani officials' investigation indicating foreign involvement in the spate of bombings in Punjab province; Prime Minister Benazir...
- People. // Pakistan Country Review;2011, p222
The article provides an overview of the people living in Pakistan, with details on its religion, language, culture, and ethnicity.
- Daily life in the city of death. Masood, Ehsan // Nature;8/24/1995, Vol. 376 Issue 6542, p636
Describes the violence in the city of Karachi, commercial capital of Pakistan. Conflict between the government and the MQM, a political party representing the `mohajirs' or Urdu-speakers; Four provinces of Pakistan; Cause of Karachi's problem according to MQM.
- Pakistani man dies in Hungary. // Eastern Eye;9/11/2015, Issue 1319, p19
The article reports that a 51-year-old Pakistani man, believed to be one of the refugees from a train that has been blocked near Budapest, Hungary, has been found dead on a railway track in Hungary.
- Points to ponder. Raza, Moosi // Economic Review (05318955);Jul97, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p5
Ponders on the need for divergent forces to integrate their experience and ideas to bring Pakistan out of social, security and economic crisis. Challenges incumbent Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif could face; Hidden force that aims to destabilize democratic system in the country; Restlessness among...