Barnes & Noble Wrings Out Another Good Quarter; Expects Some Borders Business
- E-READERS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;6/1/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p18
The article offers brief information on the Nook electronic-reader from Barnes & Noble Inc.
- TABLET PCS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;5/1/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on the software upgrade for the color devices of NOOK electronic book reader which was issued by Barnes & Noble Inc. to provide users with access to electronic mail and web sites.
- Explaining B&N's Unfair Punishment from Wall Street. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2009, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p9
The article presents the author's perspectives of advertizing Barnes & Noble Inc.'s Nook electronic (e)-book to the hype-star top get attention for the product in the U.S. in 2009.
- Nook Color Gets Apps, Email, Web Upgrades. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/2/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
The article reveals that Barnes & Noble has broadened the capabilities of its Nook Color electronic book reader.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;10/8/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 41, p3
News briefs related to the publishing industry as of October 8, 2012 are presented. The book retailer Barnes & Noble and the technology company Microsoft have partnered to create the electronic book subsidiary Nook Media. Chris Murphy has been promoted to senior vice president of retail sales at...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;4/16/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 16, p7
The article presents several book publishing news briefs for the week of April 16, 2012 including topics such as author J.K. Rowling's book "The Casual Vacancy," bookseller Barnes & Nobles' Nook featuring backlighting, and publisher Penguin Books' naming of Patrick Nolan as editor-in-chief.
- Memo Pad. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/13/2011, Vol. 202 Issue 77, p7b
The article discusses the opportunities of tablet computers for magazines. According to David Carey, president of Hearst Magazines, there will be fantastic trade war between Barnes and Noble Inc., Amazon and Apple Inc. because of the Kindle Fire or the Nook Color that would benefit the magazine...
- More Mixed Signals From Barnes & Noble. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/3/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 49, p6
The article discusses bookseller Barnes & Noble's second-quarter financial performance for 2012. Total revenue was lower than analysts expected, while retail trade earnings doubled. Other topics discussed include electronic book (e-book) sales related to the company's Nook e-book reader, the...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 7, p5
The article offers U.S. publishing industry news briefs as of February 17, 2014. Profits rose by 32% at Simon & Schuster publishing house in 2013. Barnes & Noble booksellers announced job cuts, and discusses their Nook electronic reader (e-reader) business. Sales at Hachette Book Group...