California Controller Meets With Agencies
- Insurers rate the raters. // Treasury & Risk Management;Apr97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p13
Reports the findings of the survey by the American Society of CLU & ChFC on the decline in the utilization of rating agencies by life insurance companies and the agencies' confidence rating.
- Wisconsin Governor Signs New Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p4
Reports on the signing of Governor Scott McCallum the budget for the fiscal biennium in Wisconsin. Accounts on the veto of the governor on the state spending bill; Details on the lowest state spending budget increase; Decrease in the rating of the state by the rating agencies.
- Enviro-insurance products catch on. // Asset Securitization Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the increasing number of lenders using environmental insurance. Development of environmental insurance with due diligence; Usefulness of the insurance in the CMBS market; Efforts of rating agencies to look into the developing criteria of the insurance.
- Rating agency responsiveness to changes in the economic... Rao, Ramesh; Moyer, R. Charles // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Winter90, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p86
Examines rating agency responsiveness to changes in the economic environment facing electric utilities. Background information on rating agency responsiveness; View on other related study; Methodology and sample used; Variables included in the model; Analysis of the results; Conclusions and...
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;4/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32864, p2
A correction to the article about a Senate Banking Committee hearing on the role of credit rating agencies in the subprime mortgage crisis is presented.
- Phone-y business back in town. // Convenience Store;1/7/2011, p15
The article focuses on the return of cowboy ratings companies in Great Britain.
- APPALLING SEXISM. Torr, Donnay // Finweek;4/4/2013, p5
A letter to the editor and a reply are presented in response to the article "Corporate sluts: why the ratings agencies should be closed down," by doctor Davin Symanowitz in the March 14, 2013 issue.
- Ratings from share prices. // Credit Management;May2001, p14
Introduces the internet-credit ratings service FirstKnow.It in Great Britain. Services offered; Details on the credit rating system employed; Information on the subscription rates.
- Hartford, Conn., Gets Smacked With Negative Outlooks. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;05/03/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31131, p5
Reports the outlook of the rating agencies in Hartford, Connecticut. Impact on the outstanding debt; Decrease of fund balance; Comment of analyst Jeffrey Kaufmann on the decrease of fund balance levels.